Are freestockcharts.com Compatible with Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sam Morgan, Dec 13, 2011.

1. I've never had a problem using fsc and Firefox. There's no reason to suffer with Chrome.

#11     Dec 14, 2011
  2. Sam,

Most likely the problem is with silverlight itself. Once you put too many drawing on the chart the app goes nuts.

Habitually go to 'drawings' and delete all drawings.

Hope that helps.

#12     Dec 14, 2011
  3. I tend to like G Chrome, but will have to move on if it's letting me down.

Is Firefox a heavy load on the system?

#13     Dec 14, 2011
  4. Sad to know as I really do like G Chrome. In regards to the processes, yes, those are all due to me. Each chart that I open creates a process; I have about 18 charts running and that's what makes it look like so many processes.

#14     Dec 14, 2011
  5. Tend to hog memory a bit, but less so in recent versions.

Using it for many years now, almost since its beginning. Chrome has no appeal at all to me.

no need to wonder, just install it. it wont delete your hard drive , empty your account, or report you to the feds.

#15     Dec 15, 2011
  6. :D :D :D Yes Sir; with a handle that contains 777, how can I disagree :p

I've had G Chrome only because it doesn't hog up the memory, but if it can't support multiple processes simultaneously, I guess that value becomes of no use.

In regards to my reluctance to convert, the reasons are that I am very used to G Chrome and secondly, I have everything set up nicely including my bookmarks (sheer laziness to reorganize :mad: )

If I have to I will (as u said, "No need to wonder" :D )

#16     Dec 15, 2011
  7. Which brings me to the next question:

Mozilla vs IE9 vs Firefox?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

SM

#17     Dec 15, 2011
  8. I still say Firefox all the way.

Although in the latest version they F'ed up the bookmarks favicons (little logos)

now half of them are blank squares and they dont seem to be coming back..

#18     Dec 15, 2011
  9. Mr_You

Mr_You

Chrome does this with tabs/windows so if one site or plugin crashes your tab/window then your whole browser doesn't crash. This is a good thing, there really isn't much overhead, if any, compared to IE or FireFox which uses one huge process. Other browsers may follow similar methods eventually.

I love Chrome. Besides being fast I like that its automatically updated in the background (I know FireFox does this now, but...), and possibly more importantly, it includes and updates Flash and Acrobat Reader plugins which are known for security vulnerabilities or bugs. I use it as my main pdf reader so I don't have to install and update Adobe crap separately.

IMO, its a no brainer for me to recommend Chrome to users who don't update their software regularly.

#19     Dec 15, 2011
  10. yeah def get rid of adobe reader.

I installed foxit just to get rid of the updater nag box, not to mention the security issues

#20     Dec 15, 2011