Are fixed income futures harder to trade than other types of futures?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by travelingtrader, Aug 25, 2010.

1. bone

bone

[​IMG]

Your tic size is dictated by the Twos, which are of course 'quarter of a 1/32nd'. So, quarter tics. You can write a little file to standardize the tic size across all three instruments (1/4, 1/2, and full 1/32nds all standardized to quarter tics). CQG has a nice price-to-native-currency feature.

Just to be clear, the 2's and 3's have a $200K notional value, so your price charting is ratio'd differently than your executed quantities.

So, chart at 3.3332 - 2.6668 + 1 but execute at 5 - 8 + 3

Why not 2s-5s-10s ? Looked at 10s-30s-Ultras ?

Leg your TuT and then leg your NoB. Don't get cute - just try to split the difference and be done with it. Better yet, use those orgasmic exchange-supported implied spreads.

#21     Sep 7, 2010
  2. bone

bone

Shit, that eighteen month Eurodollar curve is all the way back to where I bought the damn thing early last week.

#22     Sep 7, 2010
  3. bone

bone

YOR, honestly, just wail on that TuF and be done with it. The slippage on that fly and the convexity mis-match just isn't worth it.

#23     Sep 7, 2010
  4. Using the Dec contracts, I see the following exact sizes for the 2s10s30s fly: 113 ZTZ0:132 ZNZ0:22 UBZ0

That would be $10k/bp of the belly (using plain, not probability-weighted, spot DV01).

#24     Sep 8, 2010
  5. As per usual guys, thank you very much. I much apreciate the speedy reply. However, looking at the charts, I think I will probably knock this combination on the head. Like you say bone, I think there are better / more economical ways of expressing this trade.

YOR.

#25     Sep 8, 2010
  6. Herry00

Herry00

well, the only thing I can say is that this is one of the best market to do trading.

#26     Oct 16, 2010
  7. Dogfish

Dogfish

A good free fixed income resource published every morning, go here
    https://www.kbcmerchantbanking.com/WPP/D9e01?t=~/wp_dealingroom
    Then click on the link for the Sunrise report.
    It often updates to the new day before the old date on the the link is changed so just click to check, hope that helps.

#27     Oct 19, 2010
  8. fbirdien

fbirdien

great resource. Thanks Dogfish.

#28     Oct 23, 2010