Are female traders rare?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobcathy1, Nov 16, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

Well, I don't know how many female traders there are, but I still want to see LBR in a VERY short skirt.

nitro

#11     Nov 16, 2002
  2. you forgot to add--- retired young but still work saturdays female traders. no disrespect meant bobcathy. regarding female traders--- females make great traders, but generally lack the interest to pursue. a female who is VERY close to me could play black jack professionally, but only has limited interest in cards and NO interest in the market. that is other than buying the latest prada bag with the profits :D :D

best,

surf:cool:

#12     Nov 16, 2002
  3. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

women just don't have the "cojones" to be traders.......they are too risk averse......they would rather watch oprah and read "in-style" and shop. but would be nice to see hotties in the office everyday, too bad my office is all dudes- no bueno.......:D where are you katrina HoN-NaaaY???? you can trade with me anyday......:D :D

#13     Nov 17, 2002
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

My Dad always said that I "think like a man"
    I have always owned my own businesses.
    And for that you have to have big brass balls for sure.
    And be a risk taker.
    Damn, I live on a boat.
    That is really risky, especially during hurricanes.
    Which living in Florida I ride out frequently.

Glad I made the evening news again.:D

#14     Nov 17, 2002
  5. In my opinion I feel you are partly right. I guess it's safe to say that women in general are "risk averse," but I cannot agree that all women are. Are you saying all men take risks? I think "people" in general are afraid of taking risks... and cling on to their so called secure job.

my two cents,
    Andy :)

#15     Nov 17, 2002
  6. Some people hate because others are living the life they want to live. I on the other hand, hearing such things gives me a smile because... if you can do it, then so can I...:D

Never thought about living on a boat. Sounds nice. Is yours a sailboat?

Andy

#16     Nov 17, 2002
  7. Miss Bobcathy,

I would love to join the all-female discussion group.

Louise

#17     Nov 17, 2002
  8. Monday: 8:30 -Wake up early to watch Ricky Martin on "Live with Regis and Kelly"

Kelly is wearing totally fab gold Steven Dweck choker. *note to self, Silver is so OUT!

9:00- Buy one Comex Gold contract

11:30 Anxiously awaiting arrival of postman. December issues of Instyle and Vouge finally arrive. stilettos are all the rage at the Paris Fashion Week. Gweneth, J LO and Brittany are all wearing those great Gucci 4'' creations by Tom Ford. Wow those things look like they hurt.

12:00 Buy a 100 shares of PBI Palmer Biotech, a company that has developed the latest and greatest cosmetic laser for varicose vein removal.

1:00 WEW... Thats enough work for now. My long gold position is already up $32.50. I'm going for to Oak Street!

2:30 On my way to Barneys, I stop in to Starbucks, and run into a one of my sorority sisters who, Omigod, is working behind the counter! How incredibly degrading! note to self* job market must be really tough right now.

2:45 Call broker- place order to buy one CBOT 30 year bond future before unemployment number tommorow morning

#18     Nov 17, 2002
  9. i have been at a prop office for 7 years- i have seen probably 200 to 300 traders come and go - you know how many are successful women? ZERO - cause like smokey says they got no balls - i think its human nature to be risk averse , but more so for women. it's just the way it is accept it .

#19     Nov 17, 2002
  10. I disagree. I've seen a handlful of good female traders at Tradescape that could average $3K-5K a day (and they were pretty cute). They are not risk averse and they're very disciplined unlike most male traders I know.

#20     Nov 17, 2002