Are Evolutionists Delusional (or just in denial)?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Teleologist, Jul 31, 2009.

1. stu

stu

Religion obviously inculcates contentment in not wanting to understand the world.

#11     Aug 1, 2009
  2. I'm a creationist as well.

I believe once Dinosaurs and people walked this earth together.

And I have proof.

Look, there's Sammy Davis Jr swimming with one.

[​IMG]

#12     Aug 1, 2009
  3. http://www.butler.edu/clergyproject/Christian_Clergy/ChrClergyLtr.htm
    The Clergy Letter - from American Christian clergy
    – An Open Letter Concerning Religion and Science

We believe that the theory of evolution is a foundational scientific truth, one that has stood up to rigorous scrutiny and upon which much of human knowledge and achievement rests. To reject this truth or to treat it as “one theory among others” is to deliberately embrace scientific ignorance and transmit such ignorance to our children.

Christian Clergy Letter
    (11,942 signatures as of 7/31/09)

#13     Aug 1, 2009

4. Aaaahahahaha, that is so funny! I am still laughing! :D

#14     Aug 1, 2009
  5. Really? All Science is fact-based? Lets look at the big bang theory then. It goes something like this.

There was nothing..then a singularity appeared and exploded and put everything in the known universe and everything evolved from there.

The problem with this is that Zero+ Zero = Zero. It does not equal 1. A singularity can not just appear out of nothing. Something would have had to put it there.

So how do you explain this fact? I thought you said science is all fact? Looks like you dont have any idea what you are talking about.

I'm 100% sure nobody will answer this question, but instead start coming up with their own theories now of how the universe started which they cant do because the big bang is the accepted scientific theory (I'm sorry...I mean scientific fact because ALL science is fact based, right) If you start trying to explain the way the universe started now and its different than what the scientists believe, then you are starting a new theory which means you are not basing it on current scientific "fact"

Now do you see that science is not all facts, but a bunch of beliefs. They trick you by finding facts on certain instances and then telling you that the fact that they did find is related to the theory that they cant prove and you evolutionists eat it up.

#15     Aug 1, 2009
  6. stu

stu

Your question was answered back in 1948.
    So your 100% certainty is obviously 100% misplaced.

Virtual Particles spontaneously jump into and out of existence in a vaccuum, from nothing, as observed by the Casimir Effect.
    The problem with Zero+ Zero = Zero is, there is no Zero. But you clearly hadn't thought of that.

Classic demonstration of how Creationists are content to understand zero but are if necessary content to remain 100% ignorant and wrong against any science or facts.

#16     Aug 1, 2009
  7. I think the only reason its classified as nothing is because the source hasn't been discovered yet. Even if the math is telling you so its counterintuitive to describe something as originating from nothing. If you're going to abandon cause and effect you're coming full circle into the realm of miracles. I'm just advocating that any ultimate answer for all our questions will always be one step ahead of our pursuit of it and that bedrock a mystery.

#17     Aug 1, 2009
  8. jem

jem

I am glad someone pointed out that clergy letter.

Why is anyone worried about what religion has to say on this subject.

Some Christians believe God created the universe 6000 years ago - but it does not say that in the bible so we wonder why they believe a monk from the middle ages should be the source for the age of the earth.

Most who believe in Christ do do not see evolution as inconsistent with their beliefs.

However Before we get worried about time and dating.

I wonder who the hell has ever proved time is a constant.

All this is complete bullshit until you can prove time is not a constant.

If time is a constant - there is no fricken way life evolved as fast as some evolutionists claim. (which is why they no longer claim evolution comes about through random chance. If it were random it there was not enough time. )

I was just at the wild animal park the other day.

She talked about all the adaptations Giraffes have made.

I asked how many years did they have to make all those changes? No way. Either time was different or giraffes made big changes every generation.

#18     Aug 1, 2009
  9. stu

stu

I don't think you can negate the curiosity in humanity, nor dismiss the ability to discover ultimate answers by assuming they cannot be found.

I do think you've misunderstood what I said. Virtual particles come from nothing. They don't need a source. No miracles required.

Talking of bedrocks, virtual particles or quantum fluctuation is a bedrock on which quantum mechanics stands. Were the science incorrect on this, the whole of quantum mechanics would not scientifically exist. There would be no known physical reality at the atomic level. We wouldn't be communicating this way.

I suggest there is nothing counterintuitive here. Creationists are always imagining God came from nothing or was always there.
    Either way because of virtual particles, it seems God will turn out not to be the all knowing all seeing fantasyfigure, but rather a quantum fluctuation - a particle fart at singularity.

#19     Aug 2, 2009

10. "Negate the curiosity in mankind" is a quantum leap from what I
    suggested in my orginal statement. I seem to be more in awe of the Universe/Life/Existence than you since to my way of intuiting, and I might add some of the greatest scientists in history, the question of how or why can always follow any discovery that
    science breaks through on. Inquiry never stops. My curiosity is
    intact. Even the vaunted quantum mechanics is handmaiden of Truth and simply incomplete when it arrives at a conclusion that
    something comes from nothing. Wait a couple thousand years, by then the puzzle will be closer to complete when more of its pieces are added. If you can feel content with saying the virtual particle comes from nothing then the creationist saying that God comes from nothing is no less rigorous in his beliefs. All this brings into question, are our ideas about cause and effect being a necessary ingredient in our way of making sense of the world valid? Maybe not but they're surely intuitive. Is what we believe to be bedrock real or virtual?

Please don't tell me I misunderstood what you said then repeat the same thing, that does nothing to advance the discourse.

#20     Aug 2, 2009