Are cemeteries a waste of space?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daxtrader, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Why do we have cemeteries? These people are dead. Move on. We can use the space to build something. I live in nyc and we have some huge cemeteries that can be used to build roads over to cut down traffic.

Also, is the space reused after some time?

2. Not when everybody's just dying to go there.

3. They should eliminate cemeteries and have curbside pick-up...brown bin for household garbage, blue bin for recyclables, and yellow bin for cadavers.

Then they should only pick up the yellow bins twice a month at most. All those trucks on the road create a lot of traffic congestion...

This will also get rid of those damned mile long funeral processions.

4. Cemetaries are also a hazard to airlines. There was an airplane crash, darn thing came down in a cemetary. They found 2,000 bodies so far and are still digging.

5. Three brothers Neil, Jeb and Dubya, were stumbling home late one night and found themselves on the road that led past the old graveyard.

"Come have a look over here", says Neil, "It's Omar Jones' grave, God bless his soul, he lived to the ripe old age of 87."

"That's nothing", says Jeb, "here's one named Butch Smith. It says here that he was 95 when he died."

Just then, Dubya yells out, "But here's a fella that died when he was 145 years old!"

"What was his name?" asks Neil.

Dubya lights a match to see what else is written on the stone marker, and exclaims, "Miles, from Austin."

6. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

lol, you guys are hilarious.

The point i'm trying to make is burying is not the most efficient way of disposing a body. Just cremate the damn thing and save some space.

7. Burials can be outsourced to Asia.

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

i want my ashes to be poured over the FLORIDA STRAITS....

9. Iowegian

Iowegian

Soylent Green is the answer...

Cemetaries are a waste of space. Maybe we can start shooting caskets into space or, even better, sink them in the ocean to create artificial reefs/ fish attractors.

10. Why not just send them to Ethiopia? Those poor kids would salivate at the thought.

#10     Mar 16, 2007