Are Canadian's Braver then Americans?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, May 15, 2006.

Are canadians braver then Americans?

1. yes

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. no

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. g222

g222

Just curious ... how is it that you are so intimately knowledgeable with regard to US military operations in Afghanistan, or anywhere else for that matter ???

#11     May 16, 2006
  2. I see that you have ignored my post. I am not surprised. Anyone remotely familiar with the situation knows that our mission in Afghanistan has absolutely, positively NOTHING TO DO with 'hunting down Osama'. This little fantasy is yours alone.

I will say it again - it is ignorant and stupid to say that Canadians troops are braver than American troops. It does a disservice to both. If you have some sort of problem with the decision makers who guide the movements U.S. troops, have the guts to say so. Don't denigrate honest soldiers whose efforts you know nothing about.

Wake up.

#12     May 18, 2006
  3. jem

jem

It does do a disservice to both. Well said by an obviously rational and thinking Canadian.

#13     May 18, 2006
  4. g222

g222

mahram - once again I ask you ... how is it that you are so intimate knowledgeable about US military operations ???

#14     May 19, 2006
  5. us operations, nope but I have friends in the canadian military :D And yeah they will go where their country sends them, b/c they are soldiers. They follow orders. But that doesnt mean they agree that they should be sent to a country, where the US has totally forgotten the battle. You have to admit, and this is from my friends own words, how come the us military aren't sending in more troops to hunt down osama,secure the country, and take down the insurgents. The country isnt even secure and the us military is bugging out.

#15     May 19, 2006
  6. You wake up. Canadian soldier's are braver. And you know it. If canadians went to durfar, do you think american's would send in troops to help us b/c it was a canadian initiative. Not in a million years. The only way they would send in troops if there was oil. Canadians are fighting america battles. Like i said, if american's really cared about afghanistan why are they cutting funding to the government and rebuilding efforts. How come they arent sending in more troops, to secure the country, hunt down osama, and take down the insurgents?

#16     May 19, 2006
  7. MRWSM

MRWSM

Why is everything our responsibility? We are only a country of 300 million, let the rest of the 5 billion people in the world do something for themselves. The US is trying to do too much.

#17     May 19, 2006
  8. g222

g222

This is beginning to sound like just a couple of Canadian soldiers crying and whining to their 'friend' back home while the rest of their brothers dig in and do what they're told - just like their American counterparts. Do you actually believe that just because American soldiers are not doing what you think they should be doing and where you think they should be doing it makes them cowards ????? If so, I'd be willing to buy you a ticket to go over there and debate the issue with any one of them - face to face.

#18     May 19, 2006