Are american's Generally Hypocrites? Yes or no

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, May 29, 2006.

are americans hypocrites

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. no

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
    #11     May 29, 2006
  2. I know they are separate, which is why your nonsensical comments about the US Constitution applying to non US citizens in foreign lands is so silly.

Military law applies to actions of the military, not to those who are acted upon. Those acted on have no legal rights as far as the US is concerned, which is one of the reasons for the uniform military code, i.e. keep military personnel from abusing their power over those who have no legal rights or protections granted to them by the US government.

These codes exist as an indirect method of protecting non military, but they are not directly granting rights or protections to non military or non US citizens in foreign lands.

#12     May 29, 2006
  3. lol ZZzzz rights are granted to foreign people in foreign lands...then how come I have a right to sue an america like merck :D In fact their is over 2000 cases by foriegners in foreign lands suing merck in new jersey. Zzzz you are non sensical. Consititunional and treaty rights to civilans have to be respected by the us military. Yoiu are talking about armed military actions againsts armed individuals. When you are talking about military and civilians in every day circumstance, they are afforded rights under constitusional rulings, military law, and geneva convention.

#13     May 29, 2006
  4. That right to sue Merck is not granted in the US Constitution....

Merck is a company that is licensed in a foreign country by the governments to sell medicine in foreign countries. There is an agreement.

Say they had no license to sell overseas, only in America. Say every country had prohibited the sales and use of drugs from Merck. You would not be able to sue unless you legally bought the drugs in the U.S., and then you may have a problem with the host country for taking illegal drugs.

Merck makes a deal with these countries, granting them and the users rights to sue them, that's the way it works.

The government goes along with this, because of the nature of trade, but this has nothing to do with the Constitution directly, it is congressional and/or regulatory.

The Geneva convention, obviously is not binding....try filing suit against the US government for failure to comply with the Geneva convention.

You are wrong on this one, I don't know why you persist. You are confusing constitutional law with laws produced by congress, military justice system, and other government regulations that are not in any spelled out specifically in the US constitution....which is why they are constantly challenged.

#14     May 29, 2006
  5. mahram = pedophile

#15     May 29, 2006
  6. pattersb

pattersb Guest

I feel soiled even responding to this guy, but I feel obligated to expose his stupidity.

"Influencing american domestic immigration policy" does not adequetly describe the Mexican governments threat of SUING the United States if we send national guardsmen to the broder or build a fence to stop the flow of millions of ILLEGAL TRESPASSERS into our country.

Mexico's Legalizing CRANK, whose primary target-market would be American youth on vacation in mexico, is not a very good comparison to protecting our national sovereignty.

A MUCH better example of hyprocrisy is Mexico's demand that we treat ILLEGAL TRESPASSERS well as they batter those entering its southern border. That we provide opportunities for ILLEGALS in our economy while they deny that to foreigners in their own.

This mahram guy's stupidity would really enrage me, if he wasn't so laughable.

"Marines=Baby Killers". This idiot backs governments that support strapping bombs onto oneself and blowing up buses,schools,mosques, etc ... full of women/children...

Mahram, don't kid yourself, you're neither smart nor persuassive.
    You're a tool, and little more than a gnat buzzing around annoying people.

#16     May 30, 2006
  7. pattersb, the american government threatened to put sanctions on mexico if they enacted that law. And put them on a threat assessment list. This is the choice of the people of mexico to legalize small amounts of the cocaine and marijuana. This is a domestic matter. So what about that, using sanctions and legal barriers b/c mexico makes a domestic choice.

and yes marines are baby killers. You have the leadership of the marines who covered up the killings for over 4 months. Till they were caught in the act by NCIS. The geniuses tried to destroy the pictures. But they forgot files were easily recoverable. Bascially now adays you have to fry your harddrive. And speaking of the people at the camp, eveybody knew about the event. The guys were emailing pictures to all their friends back home and in camp. this is going tobe the biggest firestorm since my lai.

#17     May 30, 2006
  8. longhorn my girl friend is 17 thankyou very much :D, and she isnt under the age of consent.
    And answer my question about the haditha masscre. Here is the latest breaking news from cnn international. Here is a report from corporals and marines who had to clean up the aftermath, they are now suffering post tramatic stress order from seeing the scene.

Lance Cpl. Ryan Briones told the Los Angeles Times that he took pictures of at least 15 bodies and is still haunted by the memory of picking up a young girl who was shot in the head. (Full story)

"I held her out like this," he said, demonstrating with his arms extended, "but her head was bobbing up and down and the insides fell on my legs."

Briones' mother, Susie Briones, told CNN her son is now suffering from post-traumatic stress.

"It was horrific," she said. "It was a terrible scene. The biggest thing that comes to his mind is the children.

"Since he was part of the cleanup crew, he had to carry that little girl's body, and her head was blown off," she said. "Her brains splattered on his boots. And that is what affected Brian the most."
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/05/29/marines.haditha/

#18     May 30, 2006
  9. g222

g222

There is a theme interwoven in your many posts on ET:

(Some) Marines killed babies
    (All) Marines are baby killers
    (All) Marines are Americans
    (All) Americans are baby killers

You've also expressed your interest in seeing the baby killers get the death penalty.

I understand your line of thought and your desired outcome, because I feel the same way - towards islamics.

(Some) Islamic suicide fanatics killed babies all over the middle ease AND here in the US.
    (All) Islamics are now, will be or will give birth to ... baby killers.
    (All) Islamics should be exterminated.

#19     May 30, 2006
  10. g222 the diffrence are these officers of the law and government. Whenever people who are representing the government and the law break the law, it always gets people attention. and is always 10 times worse then when civilians commit crime. They are held in higher standards b/c they are charged with upholding the law. Now g222 do you agree that blowing the brains out of babies and children point blank range * there is no excuse*, is a war crime yes or no?

Lance Cpl. Ryan Briones told the Los Angeles Times that he took pictures of at least 15 bodies and is still haunted by the memory of picking up a young girl who was shot in the head. (Full story)

"I held her out like this," he said, demonstrating with his arms extended, "but her head was bobbing up and down and the insides fell on my legs."

Briones' mother, Susie Briones, told CNN her son is now suffering from post-traumatic stress.

"It was horrific," she said. "It was a terrible scene. The biggest thing that comes to his mind is the children.

"Since he was part of the cleanup crew, he had to carry that little girl's body, and her head was blown off," she said. "Her brains splattered on his boots. And that is what affected Brian the most."
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/m...arines.haditha/

#20     May 30, 2006