Are all prop firms money sucking, greedy, evil, capitalist pigs?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Ron In-a-sauna, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Sorry misread your post. Assurances you can get.

#31     Oct 8, 2002
  2. yes

#32     Oct 8, 2002
  3. maybe

#33     Oct 8, 2002
  4. Put yourself in their shoes. If you owned the prop firm, would you hire complete newbies and then depend upon them to be profitable for your own survival ? If you did you would be pretty dumb.

#34     Oct 8, 2002
  5. Yes, you are asking too much. We have similiar systems and some traders excel, some make a living and some struggle.

You can only lead them to the water, but you can't make them drink ...

#35     Oct 9, 2002
  6. xtrader

xtrader

Some firm owners/mgrs are top salesmen.

How do they draw newbies in?

Easy. They become your friend. Offer you what you want. Tell you what you want to hear. Give you the impression they are straight up.

However, you will soon find that these sales men are also great at dodging blame and avoiding accountability.

Its part of the game.

Trader vs Firm.

Play well my friend.

#36     Oct 9, 2002
  7. metooxx,

your last phrase... is that to say then that those who are not doing well are not drinking? Conversely, are you saying those who excel are drinking?

Without the metaphor, are you saying that those who employ the strategies they have been shown excel, and those who do not employ those strategies do not excel?

Or, back to the metaphor, are you saying, "look over here is drinkable water, you must learn to drink on your own. Those who learn to drink on their own live, those who do not perish. I cannot tell you what you will do?"

Without the metaphor, "new trader, here is the strategy. Those who figure out how to use it excel, those who don't ... don't."

Back to the metaphor, "if you thirst, here is the water, kneel, cup your hands together and scoop some water, put your mouth to the water and drink." We of course, do not want to stick our heads in the water to drink, those men were sent home.

Without the metaphor, "here is the strategy that I use. This is how I employ it. Step 1, step 2, step 3."

Bottom line, sure you can lead me to the water, but can you show me how to drink. Then if I do not drink it is my fault.

#37     Oct 9, 2002
  8. bullets....

#38     Oct 9, 2002
  9. You may want to consider the LLC route that could give you the best of both worlds. I trade with one that is run by people I know so that is big plus

#39     Oct 9, 2002
  10. inandlong, thats pretty deep!

i thought i would hear more prop firm bashing on here, but maybe its just a voiceferous few, or more inter-firm bashing.

personally i am joining a prop. firm; i just hope in a year i am on this board conversing, even bashing, poking fun, or other joshing, bantering, tomfoolery..............................
    because that will mean i am still in the game.

#40     Oct 9, 2002