Are all prop firms money sucking, greedy, evil, capitalist pigs?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Ron In-a-sauna, Oct 8, 2002.

1. pitufo

pitufo

Prop firms are here to provide access to the markets, as far as making money goes, they are here to do that as wel, a good prop firm will want you to make money so that you become a successsful trader and trade more.

If you want to start trading as a professional, life is a lot easier at a prop firm. What you really need is a mentor. When I frist started trading I found a prop firm and a successful trader there, he made a couple grand every day, I sat down beside him and he showed me what he was doing. This is what you need to find, someone that will share their knowledge with you, whether it be at a retail firm or a prop firm.

#11     Oct 8, 2002
  2. at least one person ( hedge fund) claims to be a "capitalist pig" www.capitalistpig.com my good friend jon hoenig.

rock on,

surf:) :cool: :)

#12     Oct 8, 2002
  3. I'll 2nd that Marty
    Robert

#13     Oct 8, 2002
  4. xtrader

xtrader

MAKE YOUR BEST DEAL...

and live with it.

OTHERWISE, FIND ANOTHER FIRM TO TRADE WITH.

OR GO RETAIL OR QUIT.

THE BEST OF COMBINATION? - SIDE WITH THE FIRM WHERE THE OWNERS ARE TRADERS THAT ARE WILLING TO HELP

#14     Oct 8, 2002
  5. are there to make money off of you that is the bottom line.
    This business is filled with people who make a living off of others.
    There are some prop firms with excellent positive attributes then there is worldco, most fall somwhere in between.
    Retail is the way to go if you dont like distractors yapping all day.
    If you can pound out the volume to get the right rate, and get a reliable connection, then your set....dont believe the hype, there are clowns who bounce from firm to firm always saying their firm is the best. Ultimately it is you and the market, let the clowns listen to cnbc all day.

#15     Oct 8, 2002
  6. i have only visited one prop firm. my first impressions were not good. it had a very negative vibe and was somewhat depressing. sorta like an off track betting parlour. i will be visiting more firms soon. will post my impressions.

best,

surf:)

#16     Oct 8, 2002
  7. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

hey he's OK!!! i didn't like him at first but the more i listen to him the better he sounds. BONDS BABY!!!!! until the trend dies.

#17     Oct 8, 2002
  8. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

marty,

whenever you want to share some wisdom, I am all ears!!!!! (very serious)

#18     Oct 8, 2002
  9. they are just brokerage firms. The more they pretend to be something else the more dishonest they are.

This market is tough on most people. Even if you are doing well, do you want to be sitting in a room full of people losing money ? Misery loves company but I don't want any part of it.

#19     Oct 8, 2002
  10. Yes ...

#20     Oct 8, 2002