Are Agriculture Futures a good idea for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Lethn, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Learn to be a spreader. Start with grains, progress to rates then cross rates then...who knows where.

#11     Dec 4, 2009
  2. I do understand TraderZones point because there are a ton of hucksters, but I have talked with people that have went to Bone and they all said he was kosher. I have talked to him even before he put out the website and he knows what he is talking about. TraderZones is also right about the low capital, but like I said look into spread trading.

#12     Dec 5, 2009
  3. 4XQs

4XQs

TZs comments on Bone should only reflect on TZ himself, as it's pretty obvious to any successful trader with a few years under his belt that Bone's the real deal.

However, he's not right for the original poster starting out with 500 GBP of course. I think actually ag spreads could be something to check out, but you would need at least a few thousand dollars to get an account with someone like IB so you could trade calendars etc. I'm not sure if UK spread betters let you trade calendars? Maybe they do...

#13     Dec 5, 2009
  4. ITR2744

ITR2744

I agree on this statement. Ags are quite though for a beginner to trade with their complicated fundamental background like weather, supply/demand, harvest forecasts etc.... Try YM or NQ, avoid the data releases (study the economic calendar on bloomberg.com) and there you go.

#14     Dec 6, 2009
  5. the Market is NEVER a good place for a beginner... at least on the global battlefield...

#15     Dec 6, 2009
  6. there is nothing obvious about any vendor/writer/advisor.. 99% of them are hucksters. If bone wants to be the real deal, there are multiple sites that allow someone to have their track record/trades audited, even a few contests like Robbins and CNBC (FWIW). Otherwise, he remains unaudited and unproven. And there is even less "real deal" when someone needs to chase after subscriber dollars.

#16     Dec 6, 2009
  7. 4XQs

4XQs

What's obvious is that he knows what he talks about. And if that's not obvious to you, then you haven't worked seriously with spreads and other combos in interest rates and the energy complex. He's selling a highpriced service which I haven't seen offered anywhere else - how to create and balance spreads/combos in correlated markets. What would be good prices to buy or sell BOBL vs 5Y? Such information is pretty valuable, and he's mentoring how to calculate it as well as providing the actual calculations for (I believe) hundreds of combos such as the one I mentioned.

I highly suspect you don't quite understand what he's really offering - it's something completely different from a signal service/chat room or a system vendor, author or host of an expensive workshop.

Just reading a few of his posts and then comparing it to the morons like Michael Covel (Trendfollower?) or that guy Alex/Puretick who's no longer a sponsor - anyone with some experience can easily tell who's got the goods.

I'm not trying to troll, but asking Bone to do a Robbins competition is ridiculous. The statements are made available for due diligence before you fork over your cash for his services!

#17     Dec 6, 2009
  8. You leave out everything except "proven." Makes statements available for review? Due diligence? Marvelous - then publish his statements here.

He has a very short track record and has only provided words. As well as a very short fuse.

And it is not difficult to perform what he does through an audit service. You are being amazingly swift to embrace someone you have likely either never met or performed due diligence personally.

And from what he has said, you seem to impress rather easily. There has been a 1-post person attesting to him, and a few others who have no clue of what he really does, but also attest to him.

We have had many wander through ET and talk a good talk, dazzling many desperate newbies and even longterm ET posters. The proof is in the independently verifiable audit, not "talk to a few past customers"

Well-funded concerns who consider funding someone are not just looking for testimonials from those they never met. They want a LONGTERM proven track record with good DD and other metrics.

#18     Dec 6, 2009
  9. If i'm not mistaken, the minimum to open a futures margin account is $2500 as per regulation (in the USA anyways).

#19     Dec 7, 2009
  10. tderrick

tderrick

Does TOS support futures margin accounts?? Or will I need to go to IB or NT??

#20     Feb 5, 2010