Are 24-hour futures markets the best for full-time intraday traders?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by WmWaster, Mar 23, 2006.

1. You should move to ASIA, several times cheaper than to live in europe and more relaxing and enjoyful living. it's a very nice timezone for trading the U.S. markets.

They open at 9.00pm ET, so you have the whole day free for other things and don't have too wake up early morning

If you like go out at night then you can trade cme globex forex products or spot forex, european zone starts around 11am and and ends around 8.30 pm.

#21     Mar 24, 2006
  2. Just out of curiosity, would you post comparison of cost of living in countries which you are familliar with ?
    Thanks

#22     Mar 24, 2006
  3. def

def Sponsor

Sure, in HK I just paid $80 to fill up my car, don't get me started on food and real estate - a real bargin :)

Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam - dirt cheap but there is always a trade-off.

#23     Mar 24, 2006
  4. 1-Hongkong, Japan
    2- S.Korea, Taiwan, singapore, Brunai
    3-China, Thailand, Malaysia
    4-Indonesia, Philippine
    5- Veitnam, cambodia, laos.....(zero infrastructure, but you have culture shock, veitname not much :)

#24     Mar 24, 2006
  5. Asia (eg China/ HK/ Japan) is not a good time to trade US markets since you're going to trade late at night.

More relaxing and enjoyful living?!

The lifestyle between Asian and Amercians/Europeans is very different.

Busy life. Fewer employment rights/benefits. Need to work for long hours. One post doing several types of jobs. No overtime salaries. Need to work at weekneds.

Congested and polluted. Only a small area to live (only rich people can manage to get a house unless you live in sparse areas). Not many green plants. Rather conservative (eg they don't accept lesbians/gays).

More fraudsters, more cheaters, more counterfeits. Pirate goods! No such thing as "refund policy". Once you purchased goods, you can only change goods at best. but never think of a refund! Shopping with caution!

Government has more power on people. Government has more controls on people's freedom. Poor education - many homework, many tests. High pressure! Rote learning style! Poor welfare!

Good food. Good nightlife. Shops won't close late at night. Quite a few still open even at festivals. Transport is convenient, but driving its own car is very expensive.

Living cost isn't necessarily cheap for local people have much lower salaries. When Amercians/Europeans come to Asia, their purchasing power will boost up as their mney are more valuable than others.

Think twice before you come to live in Asia. :p

#25     Mar 24, 2006
  6. I guess you might have never stayed in asia for considerable time or may be that's what your limited experiance is ...

Lets not forget that most guys can't fit into any culture and enviroment, except somewhere similar to where they were grown up :confused:

#26     Mar 24, 2006
  7. Excellent question.
    Fx futures markets go up & down AND they go sideways as well.... a little something for everyone.
    Seriously though, take a look at threads comparing fx cash to fx futures and you will see the advantages.

#27     Mar 25, 2006
  8. Fx cash has large spreads while fx futures small!

And the quootation of fx futures is standard, but NOT for fx cash.

#28     Mar 25, 2006
  9. Exactly, the intraday price pips are set by the exchange and are beyond debate.
    Also the CME is closed for the weekend and friday afternoon is thin.
    All in all, if you cannot make serious money trading a few hours per day on the cbot/cme RTH, then you need another occupation.

#29     Mar 25, 2006
  10. :D

As a speculator, I do think there's no valid reason to trade fx cash.

PS: I'm destined to trading for a life! :cool:

#30     Mar 25, 2006