Are 24-hour futures markets the best for full-time intraday traders?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by WmWaster, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Look to volume to tell you when to trade ... never trade thin markets.
    If you do not pay attention to volume, then make today the first day that you include vol studies in your decision making.
    If you trade forex, then make today the first day that you switch to futures.

#11     Mar 23, 2006
  2. Data feed needs money.
    And one cannot watch different markets at the same time, so it seems to be best to concentrate on a few potential ones!

What do you think?

#12     Mar 23, 2006
  3. I think no one will trade 24 hours unless they wish to suicide! :D

#13     Mar 23, 2006
  4. The only thing I'm worried about 24-hour market is whether they will have momentum at any time (so I can catch any profitable short-term trend).

So does the forex futures market usually go up and down all the time, or just move sideways for most of the time?

#14     Mar 23, 2006
  5. Ebo

Ebo

#15     Mar 23, 2006
  6. But it just shows the most recent part for 1/5min charts. I can't look back its historical data. A small part of a day doesn't mean anytihng statistically. And it could be time-consuming to wait and watch the forex for over 1 month without trading.

I think someone might know the answer, so I can learn form them! ;D

Anyway do you know if there're any places which provide historical intraday data?

#16     Mar 23, 2006
  7. Ebo

Ebo

#17     Mar 23, 2006
  8. Amnesiac

Amnesiac

You should move to europe, it's a very nice timezone for trading the U.S. markets.

They open at 3.30pm CET, so you have the whole morning free for other things.

The lunch break is from 6-8 pm, you can have dinner then. This means it's also possible to work at "real" job during the day and just trade the afternoon session. The markets close at 10pm CET, so you can even hit the clubs afterwards. :cool:

#18     Mar 23, 2006
  9. Then again, trade US futures from Hawaii. Done with work around 9 or 10 am. Go play in the ocean all day, early dinner, and then to bed.

great if you are a surfer, windsurfer, etc.

#19     Mar 23, 2006
  10. A typical example of perfect life :cool:

#20     Mar 23, 2006