Archi vs. Brut

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by schlepers, Jan 15, 2004.

1. EricP

EricP

Does anyone have a link with recent statistics on the Nasdaq market share for ISLD/INCA, BRUT, ARCA, etc? I typically send my non-marketable orders to the ECN with the most market share, and currently send them to ISLD/INCA, although I have tested BRUT recently and found no reliability issues to date.

If someone has an ECN market share link, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
    -Eric

#11     Feb 10, 2004
  2. Have your system folks set-up a program to measure acknowledgement times. This is what some sophisticated shops use to measure speed.

#12     Feb 10, 2004
  3. tooo many stuck orders

#13     Feb 10, 2004
  4. EricP

EricP

hmmm... Do you see problems with this on a daily basis, or a huge number of stuck orders once every few weeks? I have only been using BRUT for the past week, executing ~ 1000 orders and and cancelling another ~5k orders have not had a single stuck order.

I have now switched back to ISLD for my orders simply due to their greater perceived liquidity. But, as to stuck orders, I didn't see any problems.

-Eric

#14     Feb 10, 2004
  5. are you trading otc or listid?
    my issues are through listid orders

#15     Feb 10, 2004
  6. Dustin

Dustin

I've been trying out Brut the last few days also and haven't had any problems. Feels like i'm still using ARCA in fact. Listed mostly but some Naz.

#16     Feb 10, 2004
  7. EricP

EricP

Nasdaq only.

-Eric

#17     Feb 10, 2004
  8. VIKINGS

VIKINGS

Brut and Arca are both pretty good; but if I have to pick, I guess it would be Brut.

Since the NYSE is planning to become more "electronic friendly" with the "Direct Plus" product; I wonder if this will create additional trading opportunities on the faster ECN's?

#18     Feb 10, 2004
  9. Merlin

Merlin

Having used both, mainly listed stocks I find both of them to be equally fine and awful at the same time. When ARCA is having issues BRUT seems to be king and vica-a-versa. The only real difference between the 2 is that ARCA isn't really an ecn but an exchange which gives them some advantages over their competitors.
    As for cost I'm not sure what other people are referring to as economical but the difference isn't that big of a deal, which one offers the best fill would be my choice.

#19     Feb 10, 2004
  10. #20     Feb 19, 2004