ArcaEx Eliminates Listed Fees!!

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by LuvDaMkts, Aug 1, 2003.

1. They also have Post no no preference which will make it only add liquidity in their book. Maybe that might help.

#21     Jan 26, 2004
  2. alanm

alanm

#22     Jan 26, 2004
  3. Listed Odd lots taken from the book are 3 cents a share!!!!!!!!!

#23     Jan 27, 2004
  4. According to 2 brokers of mine it has changed since that time. that is dated 8/1/03. If thats not the case with your broker, did you ask them directly or are you assuming it from Arca's website. Ask your broker first, I'm kinda curious. Thanks.

There really should not be any confusion on this subject at all. They are either charging for NYSE or they are not. Once again both my brokers have told me it changed back to charging 2 months ago.

#24     Jan 27, 2004
  5. alanm

alanm

Charting: Why not call/write ARCA and ask them, since you are the one getting charged?

It would/does not surprise me that many brokers charge the wrong ECN fees.

#25     Jan 27, 2004
  6. That would take too much effort. LOL yes I will give ARCA a call in fact I meant to as of last week to do that to verfiy what I am hearing from 2 brokers. Only I have been to caught up the last few days to pick up the phone and make a simple call to them Tommorow I will call and tell this thread what I find out.

#26     Jan 27, 2004
  7. My guess (for what its worth) is it is still free to add and take NYSE, and .004 to route away. ARCA would have changed the website, they are pretty good about this.

Plus INET is still free and Nasdaq is free for dual-listed stocks when they get that up and running.

Banker

#27     Jan 27, 2004
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

Given Archipelago's exchange fees here:

http://www.tradearca.com/default.asp?x=1&y=2&page=/exchange/mm_fees.asp

I just wanted to confirm something - if I have 150 shares of a listed stock and I sell those 150 shares to Archipelago (taking liquidity), are the 50 shares out of 150 considered "odd lot" shares? I.e., would I be charged 3 cents a share on those 50 shares? My real question is, is an "odd lot" anything less than 100 shares, or is it the shares you have modulo 100?

#28     Feb 25, 2004
  9. IB has stopped routing odd lots to Arca. They claim you can't 'open' a position with an odd lot on arca, but posted lots such as 143 shares to 'cover' an existing short on arca only show the 100 share portion in the 'book. Has there been any official word as to wtf is happening?

I love rule changes with no notice. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

#29     Feb 26, 2004
  10. The Odd lot part cost's more.

#30     Feb 26, 2004