ArcaEx Eliminates Listed Fees!!

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by LuvDaMkts, Aug 1, 2003.

1. What were the problems and how many times have they occured ?

#11     Aug 5, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

I did not mean to say that I did not believe it, only wondering why the savings have not been passed down to me?

nitro :(

#12     Aug 5, 2003
  3. alanm

alanm

nitro: What are you smoking? :)

You know IB doesn't charge any ECN fees or credit any ECN rebates. They average it all out and charge 0.01/0.005 (plus 0.003, plus 0.12 per excess message if using non-SMART through the API).

As a result, if you were sending orders manually via TWS, or used SMART, IB was the cheapest broker to use to take listed liquidity from INCA and almost cheapest for taking it from ARCA, since the ECN fees were 0.005 and 0.003 respectively, and IB is charging 0.0075 all-in at 1000 shares.

Now, of course, there's yet another compelling reason to change their pricing model to be more specific to what and where you trade.

#13     Aug 8, 2003
  4. What is Tape B?

#14     Aug 9, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

Gulp.

What _am_ I smoking? I don't know what came over me. I have been thinking so much abour reducing my comissions and thinking about routing issues I just forgot.

nitro :(

#15     Aug 9, 2003
  6. hans130

hans130

I have not seen any problems with arca for months. IMHO they are the best ecn and have very good routing capabilities. They are my top destination vs. other ecn's and soes.

#16     Aug 9, 2003
  7. I use ARCA all the time, trading around 15 million shares there a month. This new pricing schedule will definitely be a benefit to my business even though they have cut out rebates. I am still waiting on my broker to contact me and let me know when they will implement this new schedule. Cheers to all you ARCA traders out there

#17     Aug 10, 2003
  8. Well for whats its worth it didnt last long. Arca as we all know is charging for listed again those goddam bastards the nerve of them to want to make money!

#18     Jan 26, 2004
  9. nitro

nitro

Oye vey,

Are you serious? Where is the press release?

nitro

#19     Jan 26, 2004
  10. Hey Nitro, Unless I have gone completely mad. Just last week I was looking at all my fills for NYSE on ARCA and all of them had .003 share fees added on. Now I went back for a couple of weeks past then and the same thing. Now I use limit orders etc sometimes I just take right whats in the book so its not a question that I went out of the book while using the ARCA route. I called up Terra Nova Online and they said ARCA is charging again for in the book or out of the book fills on NYSE. If you have evidence of the contrary I would love to know so I can give Terra Nova a knuckle sandwich.

#20     Jan 26, 2004