Arca

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by qxr1011, Sep 24, 2002.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

Hello,

I have traded for a few years intraday only QQQ and only on ISLD.

Now with recent changes I decide to look on ARCA as an alternative since I need to see depth of the market. What I have found is that on QQQ on ARCA there is almost all the time spread about 4-3cents, while on ISLD spreads very often were even 1 cent and were rarely were more than 3 cents . I know that ISLD is more popular than ARCA, but the steadiness with which the spread on ARCA is maintained looks more like a work of a market maker rather than an ECN at which people shooting orders in front of each other.

Are there any explanations to that?

Thank you.

2. qxr1011

qxr1011

Today spread is better on ARCA - mostly 2-3 cents, sometimes even 1 cent. Probably more players switched from ISLD.

3. I think Arca & Redi did it. Arca and Redi are definitely replacing Island now.

4. Arca will let institutions write in to the FIX API so they can spread a constant #

5. joeystox

joeystox Guest

which ecn do most short-term traders use? which is most liquid, crashes the least?

6. joeystox

joeystox Guest

personally, i default to redi, the instinet secondarily b/c they have been the most reliable. what have other traders' experiences been?:)

7. qxr1011

qxr1011

*****Arca will let institutions write in to the FIX API so they can spread a constant # ******

Can you explain what does "write in to the FIX API" means, and elaborate more on this issue if possible.

Thank you.:confused: