ARCA Order Depth

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Marc to Market, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Does anyone know of any software that breaks down Archipelago's order depth in greater detail? For example, there are 200,000 share being bid on @ $2.50 for symbol ABC; however, those shares represent 8 different orders. The current ARCA book just shows one listing for the 200,000 shares instead of each of the individual 8 orders totalling that 200,000 shares.

Up until just a few months ago, Datek/Ameritrade's "Streamer" Product had an ARCA feed which actually broke down the order depth and did exactly what I wanted. They got rid of their line to ARCA, though. :(

Any info would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

2. It seems to me that you need your front-end interface to have access to Arca's itch feed (depth of book).

3. Realtick has it.

4. You need a trading platform that can display ARCABook orders in a non-aggregated fashion (i.e. one that doesn't bunch together ARCABook orders at the same price). Realtick, REDI+, Lava, and Instaquote may (I'm not certain) offer this functionality. Most front-ends dont do this because it's sometimes easier to see multiple levels if orders are aggregated.