Arca Auction

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Pete3212, Dec 1, 2005.

1. I think the answer is yes, everyone gets access to the data. The part i was trying to clarify is that no one is going to put an arca auction order on a liquid nyse stock because they would get a worse fill. In the past, people have thrown huge orders on NYSE and AMEX stocks both in the morning and the close, and they have been raped on price. In fact, i would guess thats why this thread started, because people wanted to get in on the free money found (yet again) by Mr. Creativity, mnx.

#21     Feb 6, 2007
  2. cheznikos

cheznikos

Thanks for your comments but no, sorry, i'm pretty sure you're wrong.

There is NO opening auction on Arca for a stock like GE. I'm not saying people are not using it. I'm saying there is NO such thing.

Now if someone is SURE about the contrary i'd appreciate his comment a lot.

#22     Feb 6, 2007
  3. mnx

mnx

Ok, I can guarantee that Szeven is right and your assumption about there being no auction is wrong. There is an arca opening auction for every stock out there. For it to appear, all you need to do is enter an arca market order before 9:30 and it will show up in the list.

capiche?

-mnx

#23     Feb 6, 2007
  4. cheznikos

cheznikos

I'm very confused. A representative from the NYSE answered that to me :

"
    NYSE ARCA runs opening auctions on symbols that are exclusively listed on NYSE ARCA. I am including a link to the auction web page.

http://www.nyse.com/productservices/nysearcaequities/1159265934388.html

If you have any questions, please call.

Thanks,

Clancy

clancy siko

director

manager-trading operations desk
    "

Is this person wrong?? Anyway on the nyse website i was able to see auction imbalance and indicative prices ONLY for NYSE ARCA only stocks. So her explanation sounded reasonnable to me.

Or perhaps there is an Arca opening auction for GE but Imbalance and indicative prices are not displayed?
    Have you ever seen imbalance and indicative price for GE (or any regular nyse stock)?

#24     Feb 6, 2007
  5. mnx

mnx

Looks like you're right friend... I don't know when they changed their system but looks like auctions are now only for nasdaq, amex, nysearca only listed stocks...

cheers!

-mnx

#25     Feb 7, 2007