arbitrage oppurtunity on the forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by surfininmyroom, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Although I am not familiar with that software I can most definetly tell you that the answer would be NO.

I don't know why the demo software would be set up like that or what your exactly looking at but the company forex.com would be the one left holding any loss in that situation and I'm sure they are not that stupid.

It seems to me like just a software glich or something that your looking at is just not the way you think it is.

#11     Jan 2, 2006
  2. the point is that if you even have to ask this question you do not have any business trading. i guess you have to start somewhere so ask away.

#12     Jan 2, 2006
  3. In case anyone wants to see what made me start the thread, here it is, The markets did not open until 7 est, notice what time i shorted the EUR/JPY, and what time i covered it. Keep in mind this is a practice account, and i had no open positions going into today

#13     Jan 2, 2006
  4. ok maybe this time it will post

#14     Jan 2, 2006
  5. thn5625

thn5625

I have a real forex.com and Oanda account. The forex.com account trades the same whether real or demo. Also the arbitrage opportunity you see on forex.com is also on Oanda. I think what you a commenting on is the weekend gap and the ability to open a trade over the weekend.

Not an arbitrage opportunity in my opinion:

At the point you establish your position in the market whether its over the weekend or 2 minutes before monday's open there is still one truth...you still dont know which way it will go AFTER the entry. Its not an arbitrage opportunity but correct me if I misuderstand the original post.

Besides, I wouldnt let anyone know of a legit arbitrage opportunity unless you want to observe the efficient market hypothesis in action.

#15     Jan 2, 2006
  6. on a holiday weekend you do know where the market is going to open because the world markets open on sunday night and the Forex.com doesnt open until monday night, a little check on yahoo finance, and you have yourself a crystal ball, again, it will only work on holiday weekends where forex.com is closed on sunday nights

#16     Jan 4, 2006
  7. thn5625

thn5625

OK, I see what you are talking about. On my trading account on Forex.com if I place an order during a time FOREX.com is closed I wont get a fill.

The message I get is something like:
    Please call )&$@)@)*%$@). This number if called will direct you to a message saying please call again during operating hours.
    or
    If a limit order is placed during the holidays while FOREX.com is closed then it either doesnt get filled or gets filled but at the market price when FOREX.COM opens.

Let me know if this helps.

#17     Jan 4, 2006
  8. that was exactly what i was looking for....thank you very much

#18     Jan 4, 2006
  9. auto

auto

#19     Jan 11, 2006