Arbitrage opportunity

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aquarians, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Help me define the following situation in arbitrage terms.

Lemme remind you what an arbitrage is:

1) You CANNOT lose money.
    2) There's a PROBABILITY you will make money. Not a certainty.

I've re-run my backtests and they came even better (plus a lot more bugs in the software, the reason I need time, thus money in the first place).

In a year or so I'll apply for an EU grant for new businesses to finance my R&D startup (and it's 110% percent I'll get those money, EU allocates 10% of it's funds to R&D and they're sick and tired of financing the study of new car washing and hair styling techniques). Which will bring me another 1.5 years of runway.

In the meantime I already got 2+ years of my own money.

How can I make this an arbitrage for external investors like you?

P.S. Not that I care that much. I'll make this place what it needs to be, regardless of external help. It's just not like I'm not appreciating help.

2. You cannot borrow money to trade securities.

ES

3. destriero

destriero

I will deposit the sum of fifteen million dollars ($15,000,000.00) to your account upon receipt of your name, address, SWIFT code and account number. Do not delay!

Prince Mufasa of Nambia

Woodrow97, kmdguy, mjf61 and 4 others like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

You are asking us to help you "define" a "situation" in arbitrage, while at the same time defining arbitrage. Then you do not lay out the "situation" for us to analyze.

And then you are claiming two opposing ideals...You cannot lose money, while at the same time you may not make money. This is a logic loop, because if at best you are not losing money, you are not breaking even either, due to cost. This means you are losing money. Commander Data would be aghast. Or Spock. Or Ambassador Sarek. Or Commander Tuvok. Or Commander T'Pol. I dunno', pick any super-logical fictional character from a Sci-Fi series such as Star Trek, and apply liberally.

kmdguy likes this.
  5. DaveV

DaveV

That's not the definition of arbitrage. It is certainly possible to lose money in arbitrage; unlikely, but still possible.

6. destriero

destriero

Arbitrage = risk-free profit that exceeds the RFR.

Aquarians-arbitrage = Aquarians holds your money hostage until you write it off.

Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  7. Let me remind you how to use google and look up definitions so you use them correctly before sounding like a douche waffle...

Sig and rb7 like this.
  8. Arbitrage ....... "The simultaneous buying and selling of securities, currency, or commodities in different markets or in derivative forms in order to take advantage of differing prices for the same asset."

IMO ...... That's a guaranteed profit.

9. Jack1960

Jack1960

Look at nxpi buy out offer at $127.50 by qcom
    And the money arbitreugers lost when the deal did not go through

10. destriero

destriero

Nothing is simultaneous if it's not on the same venue/order ticket. Order of arbs, descending in "risk":

JDSU boxes paying 12%
    Various other boxes during tech-bubble
    RAES
    Oanda
    Trinitas

#10     Aug 20, 2018