"Arbitrage" Movie

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Movie looks like a good movie, thanks for posting the link. I will watch it.

Have you sent a job app to citi yet?

#21     Sep 10, 2012
  2. The best movie ever made!

Money managers and deal makers can live like gg, not traders. surf

#22     Sep 10, 2012
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Bitching about an American who stood before a packed audience of hurting NYFD and NYPD Heroes, throwing his out of touch, liberal shit at them while he's never served a person other than himself a day in his life is my right.

Bitching about a piece of shit like Susan trasherandon trying to destroy traditional America is my right.

Refusing to spend a dime on this price of shit film is my right.

Serving MY Country as an enlisted US Marine in Desert Storm as a young guy, and a US Marine Officer in Iraq x two hitches was what I volunteered to do.

Telling you to go fuck yourself is my pleasure asshole!

#23     Sep 10, 2012
  4. fuckin' a.

+5

#24     Sep 11, 2012
  5. lulz

#25     Sep 11, 2012
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Guarantee this Richard gerbil in his queer ass gere, and susan shitbag serandon flick flops. People in America are tired of paying good money to patronize bad people.

#26     Sep 11, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

So I saw this movie over weekend. I thought the film was OK. Reminded me a lot like "The Perfect Murder" with Michael Douglas. Both guys sitting on losses they are trying to hide. Both guys have the perfect family that is not perfect. Both guys trying to cover up a murder. Both guys have a cop after them that knows he is guilty.

I did NOT, repeat NOT like the ending. It's not going to go over well with people at all. I thought "Margin Call" was much better.

#27     Sep 16, 2012
  8. Apparently the director is Jarecki, who's father ran a commodity fund.

#28     Sep 16, 2012
  9. Daring

Daring

I saw this movie, had very little about trading and it was pretty weak, the ending was horrendous as well.

#29     Sep 16, 2012
  10. Saw this last night, I was enjoying it until the end. I think they were going for more of an 'artsy' type ending, kind of like the Soprano's ending. I enjoyed the movie for the most part, but just felt like they could have taken an extra 20mins to wrap up a few loose ends. I heard Pacino was originally billed, I wonder if he left after reading the script. Not a trading movie, he just owns a 'trading firm'.

#30     Sep 17, 2012