Arbitrage back-testing charting package

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tonyf, Sep 6, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

Small dick syndrome. Cannot be avoided.

#31     Sep 7, 2019
    tonyf and bone like this.
  2. Perhaps it's just that you at times take on a topic or two that you are helplessly out of your depth. Do spreads but perhaps leave the technology side and algorithmic side to others with more in depth knowledge.

I do enjoy reading many of your other thoughts you share on various subjects even though I believe you are a snake oil salesman. But both can coexist.

#32     Sep 7, 2019
  3. tonyf

tonyf

Thank you, for the only relevant reply to my basic question. I will look into it.
    Good to converse with an "equally OK-sized and hqppy about it" fellow for a change.

#33     Sep 7, 2019
    bone likes this.
  4. tonyf

tonyf

Not if you study in Europe. Studies are free, scholarships, research grants and living allowance.

Now take a step back and breath. You have no idea what I trade or how I trade. Plenty of pointless assumptions you are making.

As for dreaming, what is the point of life without dreaming. You may be referring to disillusionnent, a different challenge alltogeher. Read my previous posts and you will see that I make 4 per cent ROCE per annum. Nothing crazy here.

No more HFT crap on this post please. Thank you

#34     Sep 7, 2019
  5. tonyf

tonyf

Not available for non-US residents it seems. Does anyone else use that "afl" charting engine?

#35     Sep 7, 2019
  6. ZBZB

ZBZB

Amibroker is Polish so I think it is available anywhere. Just download it from www.amibroker.com

#36     Sep 7, 2019
  7. ThinkorSwim can easily do this. Interactive Brokers can do this as well. In IB TWS just right click a watchlist and select "Virtual Security." The only problem with it is that it can't be overlayed against another instrument. But any instrument can be overlayed against the Virtual Security.

#37     Sep 7, 2019
  8. tonyf

tonyf

Interesting. Will look into this. Is it in TWS Mosaic or third party plugin?

#38     Sep 7, 2019
  9. That feature is in TWS Mosaic, yes. There is huge edge in being able to process, analyze, and transform spreads. This is quant stuff though.

#39     Sep 7, 2019
  10. tonyf

tonyf

Perfect. The IB virtual security is what I was after. Do you know if one can update csv data to IB to work with that?

And can Alerts be set on Virtual Securities?

#40     Sep 9, 2019