ARB Group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by heiasafari, Feb 22, 2011.

1. HTmarket

HTmarket

Open a demo futures account with a broker that offers Ninja Trader, and practice trading on your own. Most place don't teach you anything. Then go live when you're steady trading on the simulator.

You should factor in that you're not paid during 1-2 years you learn. So just your living expenses will put you in the whole for 20-40k. You might as well find a night job and trade during the day. With 10k you can trade a trade a few contracts with a broker. When you have a little track record make the move to a prop. At least if it doesn't work out your career isn't finished.

my 2 cents.

#21     Dec 1, 2011
  2. octsa

octsa

Arbgroup are really a true proprietary trading arcade like those in Chicago or New York.

I visited the office, they do not have too much traders (5-10 trader at most). It's a small family and they know and say; it's not a business for everybody. If you want to go there and your objective is not to trade big then, you are too small for them. keep your 10,000 and trade IB/ameritrade.

The package is fair for those with big expectations who want big cash for trade and have a chance to truly learn how to handle.
    i.e 50/50 daily split, 1% gross margin on multi 500k-1M$ financed positions.

Arbgroup say they want people to stay generous in the knowledge they share. That's a good culture for success so rare in this business.
    Believe me that's a very important point. Why share a space with people everyday if there is no exchange of knowledge.

Prop shops are very reluctant (despite what they say), they don't want to share prop knowledge until 2 yrs they know you because of whatever reasons you are not in the family, you are not the favorite guy in the place...
    If Arbgroup respected what they say that's good.
    otherwise they are an average B firm.

#22     Dec 18, 2011
  3. I fi remember well all execution is TT and charting you chose esignal or TT. IT 2000 fee is not fixed, depends on what you take. Execution and clearing by Newedge.

#23     Dec 18, 2011
  4. They also have remote traders. You can only trade away from the office after your training.

#24     Dec 18, 2011
  5. Comes out of profits. You don't have to come up with it.

#25     Dec 18, 2011
  6. do they have a website link?

#26     Dec 18, 2011
  7. Look on page 2.

#27     Dec 18, 2011
  8. ARB Group offers remote trading opportunities to its traders who have demonstrated a certain level of competence as well as self-awareness. We offer our traders the possibility to borrow ARB laptops when they are away, thus being able to trade literally wherever they are in the world.

why do i need to trade using its laptop?

#28     Dec 18, 2011
  9. A trader can't afford a $700 laptop? Just who are you trying to recruit?

c

#29     Dec 18, 2011