ARB Group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by heiasafari, Feb 22, 2011.

1. maybe the worst scam i ever heard, 2k a month, is that a typo?

#11     Apr 1, 2011
  2. No its not, that is 100% what they said

#12     Apr 4, 2011
  3. Is the $2000 for training fees? They seem to offer a year long training program.

Two grand is just insane.

#13     Apr 5, 2011
  4. No its a desk fee you need to pay forever, trainig is free though

#14     Apr 5, 2011
  5. Out of curiosity, where did you attend the info session?

Was it at Concordia or McGill?

#15     Apr 5, 2011
  6. Does desk fee come out of profits? Most the futures prop firms I've heard of charge a desk fee in that area. The question is if you are expected to fork it up if you're new. If you aren't successful after 12 months and you didn't spend 24 grand in desk fees and the firm lets you leave with no quarrels then it could be a great learning opportunity.

If you're expected to come up with your own 24k/year just to sit there... well, heh..

#16     Apr 5, 2011
  7. The info session was actually at their office, overall the place looks nice and all but 2000$ for a sit...

I don't know what would happen if you left after 24 months still owing some of the desk fees. I do know that you are expected to take it from your profit (and carry the debt forward if you don't make any) but you are not to actually take money from your bank account.

#17     Apr 6, 2011
  8. 2k off top then 50-50 split on 1st 300k sounds steep, tough go.

#18     Apr 6, 2011
  9. brenden

brenden

Why pay $2000 when you can trade with other firms offering all asset classes for like $500 and less!?
    2000 a month means that you need to do 4000 a month minimum to pay that crap, since they are taking 50%

Goo' luk

#19     Jul 6, 2011
  10. TGV

TGV

On their website they write:

"_Two options are available to you:
    - Signing an exclusive agreement with us and tapping into a substantial hedge fund when your training is complete.
    _- Opening an associated office of your own in the city of your choice."

Did they mention any of that when you went to see them at their office? Or anything about being "locked" with them at the end of the training period?

#20     Sep 24, 2011