AR-15 Prices Hit The Skids

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 24, 2013.

1. great answer. :D

#31     Jun 25, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

I think he's quadpolar. He has more problems than one emotional pole shift to another.

I hear a small dose or two of cyanide will cure him, though. Best taken before bedtime. When you wake up - You're cured! :D :D

P.S. It works good for curing the 'liberal disease,' too.

#32     Jun 25, 2013
  3. jem

jem

referring back to the previous question.

I just read some of those conversions kits might not be legal in certain states.

#33     Jun 25, 2013
  4. #34     Jun 25, 2013
  5. I would be vey careful of the legal technicalities of any conversions. This quote summarizes my understanding but I would be very careful:

You cannot add a shoulder stock to a pistol without registering it as a short-barreled rifle (SBR) and paying the tax. An SBR is defined as having a barrel of less than 16". These "Carbine kits" have 16" barrels with the shoulder stock and so are therefore legal - you are taking a formerly "concealable" pistol and making it into a non-concealable rifle.

Going the other way - converting a rifle into a "pistol" is not permitted without further ATF taxes and approvals.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2007/09/25/convert-a-glock-or-1911-pistol-into-a-carbine/

#35     Jun 25, 2013
  6. wjk

wjk

A wrist rocket will take care of the small game. Save on ammo, quiet, and deadly at reasonable range. Caution, use safety glasses. I had a band come off at full stretch as a kid. Fucking eye was sore for a week.
    [​IMG]

#36     Jun 25, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

I had one of those as a kid.

#37     Jun 25, 2013
  8. Redneck

Redneck

So you planning to stay holed up???

Have enough food/ water.., how about fuel for fire / cooking / lighting/ heating

What about septic

Electricity / public services will be the first to go

Your dwelling attack fortified

Otherwise you’ll need several porters just to haul around your armament

Oh I can see it now…., AAA’s caravan heading south……………………………. lol

Issue w/ 9 mm/ 45 cal. AR – they’re susceptible to jamming/ ftf when dirty (think fired repeatedly) which may be necessary

Btw, shotgun w/ 00 is most effective at close range - clean or dirty

RN

#38     Jun 25, 2013
  9. I 'm not a prepper or survivalist, so no, I haven't taken any of those steps. and I know you're right about them. If it comes to that though, I'd rather be halfway prepared than zero prepared.

About the 9/45 AR's, are you saying they are more susceptible to jamming when dirty than a 5.56? Is it because of the residue from the gas system or what? If they feed reliably in a handgun, why not in a rifle?

#39     Jun 26, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

He may mean they may not have the "gusto" for the gas system to cycle the bolt all the way back, meaning a shell casing may "stove pipe."

If you buy from rock river, ask them about the gas system, and see if it's been modified for the round you're wanting to use. Probably 9mm. I would think they would put a smaller gas tube in, etc., to accommodate for the smaller round.

#40     Jun 26, 2013