APS- Automatic Pattern Search

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by forextrades, Oct 10, 2008.

1. driller1

driller1

Hi,
    I bought the VectorBull Stock EOD edition and running meanwhile some paper test to find out optimization of parameters.

I am interested to exchange experience.

Two files are attached showing caterpillar parameters and achieved results, optimization to be done. What s your experience? anyone else would like to exchange, so pls. do!

konstantin

#21     Nov 13, 2008
  2. frankl

frankl

Hi Konstantin,

for me, i figured out, that trading on Indices works better than on single stocks. There are smaller drawdown periods. Your system seems to perform well, but there was a large drawdown inbetween. Try to set the stops more narrow. This is also a good method to find out, if you over-optimized your system. For example, you have set a profit target of 17%.
    Does the system also perform well, if you set it to 15% or 10% ?

Frank :cool:

#22     Nov 13, 2008
  3. LOL, 45 minute response is excellent for vectorbull support...

It is almost "fitted" to the forum just like the results to the data....

#23     Nov 13, 2008
  4. What you bought it without taking the free trial thats strange? So how have you found it worth the cash?

#24     Nov 13, 2008
  5. frankl

frankl

I'll do my level best, Sir ! :p

#25     Nov 13, 2008
  6. Ameritrade has free pattern match software for Apex clients. Might be good for dummies like me. Haven't tried it yet, but probably get what you pay for.

Mike

#26     Nov 13, 2008
  7. Folks why don't we find the best pattern and write the code in easylanguage?
    I don't have this software but i can backtest in Tradestation 9.

#27     Jun 9, 2012
  8. Best pattern for what? For which market and with what risk-reward and performance parameters?

FYI, This program is now called Price Action Lab.

#28     Jun 11, 2012
  9. Hi the instrument is 6E futures of EurUsd.
    Risk reward at least 1 to 3.
    Sorry but i dont have the software.

#29     Jun 12, 2012
  10. Risk/reward of 1 to 3 for a short term position system may be hard to get. At least I always had time getting to that excellence:) Check out the system they have on their website under Screenshots for EC. Overall an excellent tool if you know what you are doing with it. This is of course true for all tools. :)

#30     Jun 12, 2012