April Trading Journals

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Hitman, Mar 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <i>How it is possible to be net down, if you are gross up? Because of commissions? I wouldn't believe so.</i>

What would you not believe?

#131     Apr 13, 2002
  2. lojze

lojze

That the commissions are so high ...

Lojze

#132     Apr 13, 2002
  3. It does not matter how low your commissions are; that can happen.

#133     Apr 13, 2002
  4. Treykool

Treykool

this guy is in for a very rude awakening. muahahahahahaha!

but seriously, this is very common for beginning traders who tend to trade high volume with little net gain per trade.

#134     Apr 13, 2002
  5. lojze

lojze

So prop's are not packed JUST with role model traders?

Lojze

#135     Apr 13, 2002
  6. We are a private arbitrage trading group, not affiliated with a "prop shop", and our firm has a couple of gross down days a year.

It does not matter how good you are; it happens occasionally.

#136     Apr 13, 2002
  7. trader99

trader99

Lojze:

Of course, it's possible to be gross up and net down. In fact, I see that all the time!! If your commission is nonzero, then by the very property of arithmetic/mathematics that has to happen!

The only case when gross up is always equal to net up is when transacation is zero. If transaction cost is nonzero(in the real world hehe!) then net down is just a function of frequency of trades i.e. volume,etc.

trader99

#137     Apr 14, 2002
  8. This thread just got shorter. Funny how that happens.

#138     Apr 14, 2002
  9. trader99

trader99

Maybe b/c no one is talking about Hitman's Princess anymore. hehe

trader99

#139     Apr 14, 2002
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Thug, not at all. A short time ago on this thread Baron made a very clear statement when he said:
    Yet people continually ignore that, making WorldCo requests, etc., and Hitman also continually ignores it by diverging from his journal and providing WorldCo commentary, specifics, and information.

To anyone who would like to keep this thread on topic, please use the "Kill" option in the lower right which sends a message to zboy. Or simply send a note to zboy or Baron by clicking their name at any location, and selecting "private message" or "email". That is the best way to notify them as they can't be expected to read every post of every thread in a timely manner.

#140     Apr 14, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.