April 13 around the corner retreat

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Apr 13, 2009.

1. My point being that a decline in volume is may or may not be something significant in the rise of the market as you alluded to. It may just be coincidence. Hasn't the market been rising on low volume for the last week or so?

Take it easy, trigger. I'm just as confused as you are.

#11     Apr 13, 2009
  2. pmann

pmann

I like this thread

Why does the market keep going up? How did all our financial woes get fixed so quick? Impossible!
    Why all the upbeat sentiment? What changed?

But when I think about it ...why did the market keep going down? How did all our financial problems occur so quickly? Why is all the news nothing but doom & gloom? What changed?

Maybe the market takes another turn down, restests of some sorts and then finds level water and moves upward, returning to its highs in 8-10 years.

or Maybe we just got spooked by the media preaching the doom and gloom ..making it 100x worse than it really is in order to get Obama in office. He continued the play in order to pass the biggest pork bills in history. Now that everyone is paid off and the big players have picked up tons of shares for pennys on the dollars they sold them for at the end of 2007/ first of 2008. They will take the market up. Wallstreet, politics are one in the same. They dont fight each other ...they pay each other with the working man's money

#12     Apr 13, 2009
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Im not going to average into anymore FAZ at the moment, I sold 50% of my FAS at $9.32 today and will be buying and trading that back under $7.00 hopefully this week. I am averaged in FAZ in the low 20's, my losses on FAZ are being made up by the gains I made in FAS over the last few months, my cost average in FAS was approx $3.75, I sold off about a 1000 shares of FAS wayyyyyyy to early around $5.00 and let the rest of them run higher. I know I will be able to buy FAS back under $7.00 once again so Im not worried, I see both the S$P and DOW dropping again. BOTH will have 7 handles on them again in due time.

#13     Apr 13, 2009
  4. The point is that it doesn't matter what the cause is for the low volume. A bull move with declining volume is usually not sustainable.

At least you didn't call me tigger. :D :D :D

#14     Apr 13, 2009
  5. Futures are falling in after hours. If this continues, we may have a big gap tomorrow.

Was the move up in cash market between 2:30PM and 3:45PM a trap to hang the longs?

I shorted at around 2PM. So I am cheering the bears. I am not at ease at all because it went against me. I hate it when market goes against me.

#15     Apr 13, 2009
  6. Well put. Either there was no poblem or problem was exagerated. Time to bring them to the hill to grill them. It is an insult to the people. In addition if earnings are positive, why they did not pay the bailout money with any excess earnings?

#16     Apr 13, 2009
  7. aradiel

aradiel

Hey RFT, do you have a stop loss for this position?

#17     Apr 13, 2009
  8. Rex84

Rex84

who cares? Why even have an opinion about the future of the economy? All I know is the MA's are rising, we are above that big line at 32.89 on the Q's, and more advancers then decliners today. Furthermore, we failed to take out Thursday's gap higher today and the financials are leading the way. Seems like bullish action to me. Where we will be 6 months, 2 years from now, hopefully higher but I don't know, as long as I make money along the way I won't complain.

#18     Apr 13, 2009
  9. How about your long position?

PS: have you checked the futures? They are trading below the low of April 13 trading session. A long day may be awaiting the longs. :D

#19     Apr 13, 2009
  10. Check the futures now! few hours after the close, and they took all what you wrote out the window.

#20     Apr 13, 2009