Apps are dead - What's next ? TechLead

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Nobert, May 20, 2020.

1. faltd

faltd

Possible, though unlikely.

#11     May 20, 2020
  2. destriero

destriero

It’s $3K per million (max). WTF are you getting your numbers?

#12     May 20, 2020
  3. faltd

faltd

I am honest enough to admit I have zero experience in this space and had to look it up. Several articles mentioned numbers for 100k views in a range of between 500 and 1500 usd. I guess this includes total earnings, including the placement of ads in the video.but again, I just went with the numbers seen in multiple articles. Can you post a link that supports your claim pls? In any case, your numbers even strengthen my point that for a guy that claims to make the money he states, making those videos make hardly any sense. Not even when considering that he uses his channel to fish for clients for his other "products". But then, who knows, I might be wrong.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAEegQIDBAK&usg=AOvVaw2UgmISQzskQ5gyh0cXCars

#13     May 20, 2020
  4. traider

traider

Current big thing is youtube, that's why he is on it.
    Next big thing nobody really knows.

#14     May 20, 2020
  5. Nobert

Nobert

He mentioned in the past, that he was sick and tired of working in those big tech companies. I think the video is called, ,,why i left facebook'' or something.

Freedom is more valuable than money for some.
    (especially once you have the money)

Man is doing sponsoring, thats more revenue that usual youtube adds.

#15     May 20, 2020
  6. destriero

destriero

Youtube pays up to $3K/mil based upon various metrics. How long is the video? How many, on average, watch the entire video? How many ads can be placed and of what type. "How to" videos that earn for years are bonused.

The $3K is before YT's split. One of my kids was LEM-rank on CS:GO and had a lot of subs and views. He had only had two videos with >1MM views and it took a year to hit that mark. He was under $3K per mil when I looked at his Studio revenues. PRE SPLIT.

Anyway, he doesn't stream on either YT or Twitch any longer but he knows a lot of streamers on discord. $3K is almost never seen outside of broad tech topics (how to videos).

#16     May 20, 2020
    faltd likes this.
  7. destriero

destriero

He tried his hand at trading and blew his account. His intent was to invest/trade his ESOP liquidation. It didn't work that way and now has a hole in his resume so he's resigned to YT revs.

#17     May 20, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  8. gaussian

gaussian

*flips stupid drink*
    *rests on his alleged silicon valley laurels*

and that kiddos is why apps are dead.

Average tier at best engineer weighing in on every topic in software engineer like he's been in the game since DOS 6. If this guy isn't a walking posterchild for peak silicon valley dunning kruger I don't know who is.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    #18     May 20, 2020
    faltd likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I made it through 70% of the video before I had to shut it down, because his voice was too staccato for my analog brain. The guy's speech is truly digital. Every syllable is on and off. Ba-da-be-ta-it-ta-op-ta.

It would have been better if he spoke his native language and we had subtitles.

#19     May 20, 2020
  10. faltd

faltd

Thanks for explaining. The entire ad space is entirely foreign to me. I always sought my own edge in trading and in everything else in life. Hardly ever watched an ad in its entirety in my life. I look at ads as infomercials to let me know a new product is out. I am pretty convinced it does not influence my purchasing habits or decisions. I pay for ad blockers and premium versions to not be bothered by ads ever.

I did check out that 8 year old kid's youtube channel, highest YouTube earner. How so many people watch a kid unpack toys and now target other kids is beyond me. Well not really, I am steadfastly convinced that the majority of human beings are in dire need to have others tell them what to do and what to buy what to eat and whom to merry, in sum, how to live life. For lack of own ability to manage life.

#20     May 20, 2020