Appropriate use of Simple Moving Average?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by scotta65, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Redneck

Redneck

And like a fine trader told me once MTT;

Wisdom is profitable to direct :cool:

RN

#61     Feb 1, 2013
  2. I knew I was over speaking at the time I wrote "most good traders"

but so far this has been a pretty civilized thread (in spite of being called a "cesspool")

so I thought they would cut me some slack

my point to the OP was my opinion that it is dangerous to use any indicator as a rule for entry or exit

so far, I really liked Frank's reminder not to continually optimize your ma until it looks like you want it to look

and murray's observation that repeated failures to close above the 200 can be an indication of topping (or bottoming)

there's always somebody that wants to start an argument

I admit, I was wrong, I don't know what "most good traders" do

#62     Feb 1, 2013
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

You may not be wrong, I don't know what most good traders do either. My point was that none of us knows for certain, nor does it really matter. I think the post by Daring was on target.

"Success is whatever works." - Bruce Lee

#63     Feb 1, 2013
  4. Thanks

#64     Feb 1, 2013
  5. Daring

Daring

Totally agree, Redtank has posted some gems in the past, hope he reconsiders over time as it looks like he was just having a bad day.

You too Redneck, good contributor to the forums, like reading your posts as well.

#65     Feb 1, 2013
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Thanks D

And that last post of yours in this thread is another Gem :)

RN

#66     Feb 2, 2013
  7. ronblack

ronblack

No question is stupid. The answer depends on how fast you'd like to transfer your account to market makers. If you like to transfer it fast, then you use a fast MA and you get over with it. If you want the pain to last longer because you are enjoying it, then you use a slow MA. If you want both, then you use a fast and a slow MA so you get the full satisfaction.

#67     Feb 3, 2013
  8. ============
    Good points RN:cool:

#68     Feb 4, 2013