Application Denied by AMP

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by amos922, Jul 17, 2021.

1. amos922

amos922

My application was recently denied by AMP and I saw somewhere on the forum that they would give you the reason you were denied if you message them? I just registered on this forum today and I'm not sure how to PM someone yet. Could I have a representative from AMP please PM me so we can start a correspondence? I reached out to customer service via email a few times and was told it was a business decision. I have more than sufficient income and experience so I would just like a little more clarity as to why I was denied so I can amend the situation. Looking forward to speaking with you. Thanks

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

@AMP_Global

That's the best we can do for you. (I.E. They will eventually see the @tag and respond here accordingly).

3. amos922

amos922

Ok thank you!

4. Are you using a bank that is outside the U.S? that will get you denied.

5. amos922

amos922

Hey thanks, I’m not though. I’m in the US

6. tomorton

tomorton

The usual reasons people have difficulties with account applications and money transfers to or from brokers is that the brokers can't reliably prove to their regulator who you are or that it was your money.

Having an address and having some money are not enough.

It would be interesting to know what the problem here was. While you wait for AMP, what do you think is their issue?

7. amos922

amos922

Hey thanks for the reply! I can speculate but I would like to speak with them first before I disclose any more info. Appreciate your help!

8. AMP likes to refuse people for no reason.
    And in addition they have a policy of discrimination on the origins.
    I have lived in France for 17 years and reside there permanently. And with great experience in finance.
    However, I made a request to open an account and I was refused because I have the nationality of an African country.

9. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

These are NOT AMP restrictions. It is list of countries designated by the FATF list, their recommendations, US sanctions as displayed on the US Treasury website, US State Department website, and various sources of news and opinions of numerous experts were taken into consideration by the Compliance Department in the making of this list.

yes, unfortunately...if you are a citizen of any country on this list we are unable to accept your application: https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002809254-New-Accounts-RED-FLAG-COUNTRIES

10. hilmy83

hilmy83

Just trade forex or futures cfd bro. I hear those brokers based in Fiji island accept everyone!!

#10     Jul 18, 2021