apple ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ninjastockman, Feb 7, 2008.

1. You are so full of it. AAPL finished the day 125.80 on 2/8/2008.
    AAPL is going up, moving up, pushing up, whatever. The stock has been punished beyond belief. Its way way oversold. Where would you have see AAPL at 125 range ?

#11     Feb 8, 2008

2. AAPl is going up after forming a bottom at 120 support levels from August 15 lows, it bouced off nicely on a decent volume day, when the market was down 61 points. The stock finished strong at the high of the day, giving us insight it will continue to move up. The stock is way oversold as per Stochastic and RSI numbers.

Use fibonnaci retracements to arrive at the possible numbers where AAPL maybe headed in next few weeks.

From the top 12/31/2008 to the bottom 2/7/2008

140.00 is 23.8% retracement

151.25 is 38.2% retracement

161.05 is 50% retracement.

These numbers you need to watch for possible breaks in uptrend or reversals.

#12     Feb 8, 2008
  3. ET time stamp of the post in question is 02-08-08 02:00 AM EST

#13     Feb 8, 2008
  4. jjk2

jjk2

ouch....how embarassing for bootsie....

just shows u the amnt of posers here...

#14     Feb 8, 2008
  5. ok let me post why I asked this question -
    walmart reported lowest retail sales for the decade

service sector is slowing down

housing market is killing financials

does this affect how many ipods , iphones and macbooks get sold ?

Thats why I don't know if apple is a buy. I personally believe we are in a recession already because we nearly went negative gdp last quarter and that's exactly what happened in 2000 before we hit negative gdp.

#15     Feb 8, 2008
  6. phlip

phlip

I'm a regular day trader of AAPL - it's one of my favorites.

I have mostly been shorting it lately - I'm expecting an intermediate bounce soon - perhaps the last part of todays session is the start of that. I have no idea how high it will go - 140? 150? After that it could trend back down.

#16     Feb 8, 2008

7. NONSENSE/ GDP never went negative it was 0.62 last quarter.

Can you bring in some more doom and gloom to the table? You did a good job, but you just didn't quite threw the kitchen sink on us. If you are so negative and depressed have you considered moving to Sudan or Sri Lanka and start living with bullocks and eating pale yellow grass?

#17     Feb 9, 2008
  8. You must be smoking in the pants if you shorted AAPL today.
    Are you using Technical Analysis before shorting and checking the direction its taking?

Read my post on Technical Analysis in this thread.

#18     Feb 9, 2008
  9. Day... oversold doesn't mean it can't go lower. Where's the support underneath it?

I definitely think a bounce could happen, but to me it looks like some longs just got pounded trying to call the bottom a weak ago and now we have a continuation move.

It would have been better if we had a down day today, but as is, the chart doesn't say up.

#19     Feb 9, 2008
  10. I never said it went negative, I said it went nearly negative, growth was at under 1% last quarter. Look at the 2000 recession - same thing happened
    take a look . That means most likely these coming quarters will be negative gdp growth or nearly negative unless something changes.

[​IMG]

#20     Feb 9, 2008