Apple to release a $800 laptop?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock_trad3r, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Apple needs to release a $499 notebook that can compete with the new netbooks. If they can engineer their operating system to run well with the Intel Atom architecture, they will have their killer app on hand. Otherwise, an $800 laptop is still too much for the average tapped-out consumer. It's all about perception.

2. i wouldn't be surprised, i am a university students and those new $250-$300 9inch notebooks are selling like hotcakes and they are 1000x time more convenient and lighter than even my old 14" laptop.

Perfect setup: big desktop with huge screen at home so eyes don't hurt when you try to read, and a 9" notebook for school, taking notes, browsing the internet, looking through documents you need in class.

I don't know how ppl manage to lug around those 17" Goliaths to class when they open their screen they practically seal themselves off from the professor and the world lol.

3. pitz

pitz

At the rate things are going, AAPL should consider itself lucky if they can even sell fully loaded MacBook Pro's at $800. Nevermind anything that's stripped down.