Apple tablet hype

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChkitOut, Jan 27, 2010.

1. I fully agree on that. I dont like OSX, appe ha really bad computer offers (in terms of actual product design feature wise - no large servers, no computers in the form factory I like).

But their design department is great. Their notebook, the iphone - all nice designed products, and i do not mean the look only.

I have big hopes that their tablet will rock as a product so all the other producers are finally really moving to get their hardware act together ;)

#11     Jan 27, 2010
  2. rc822

rc822

It's just a giant iPhone. I thought one of the broads on CNBC was having an orgasm over it. I see nothing special about it whatsoever.

#12     Jan 27, 2010
  3. How you know?

I mean, seriously.

* HOw large? All tablets so far are 12" or something - if that is 15.6... great.
    * What about memory, CPU and Battery life? ;)
    * Do they use LED Backlights and SSD? ;) Please - put pressure on the others ;)

Even a giant iPhone CAN kickstart competition in this area ;) It is SO badly managed ;)

#13     Jan 27, 2010
  4. So I'm watching jobs demonstrate and well, its a tablet. A good one but just a basic tablet nonetheless.

Most people have no use for these.

#14     Jan 27, 2010
  5. Most people "had" no use for a laptop. Most people "had" no use for a smart phone. We're at a point now where enough people have a use for a device that's "in between".

Will it change the world, probably not. But it'll sell and contribute to AAPL's bottom line.

#15     Jan 27, 2010
  6. It is a great short so far. Did you get short?

#16     Jan 27, 2010
  7. Lethn

Lethn

All fucking electronics, games companies and software do this before release. They buy out the big media firms and advertise like crazy in order to try and make it seem like their product is the next best thing so gullible people will buy them. Games Companies have been known to even use advertisement campaigns on review companies to get good reviews because it is their only source of income the majority of the time.

It probably is going to be crap I personally just wait until the opinions of real people come out after release before I'll even buy something as basic as a game since 'official' reviewers just aren't reliable anymore.

#17     Jan 27, 2010
  8. My Xmas list for something like this would be:
    12" HD Touch Screen like the iPad
    SSD 16gig Hard Drive with 8Gig RAM
    Net, Email, a little music and photo storage.
    Bluetooth headphones
    Phone
    500 KBS Up/1000Down wireless broadband
    6hr battery life.
    Surely someone's working on the wireless broadband speed thang.

#18     Jan 27, 2010
  9. loading up on Apr 200 Puts, easy money. they would not have called something good iCrap

#19     Jan 27, 2010
  10. Wireless - UMTS has more I think, at least it has more down (7.6mbit I get here). So, this is solved...

#20     Jan 27, 2010