Apple on Monday

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jonbig04, Jun 6, 2008.

1. mark2

mark2

I think Apple will get it right this time . They need market share so they have to price the iphone at a much lower price point this time. I don't buy a $600 cell phone. But I have no problem with the $200 ones ( maybe $100 with a 2 year ATT contract...). ..

With the iphone, Apple has just started to look into the enterprise market that RIMM has the dominance now... And both RIMM and Apple are going after the China and European market with their new toys and services...

I don't see why there is no bright potential for these "teen's toys." Just look beyond the US and we can see a lot of opportunities are still there.

#41     Jun 9, 2008
  2. this doesn't make sense please clarify, the instinct is made by Samsung lol so you're not impressed yet it is "real sweet" lol

IMO i still think Nokia although it looks like they are not releasing it as fast will pull through with a superior product to both the instinct and the iphone 3g.

AND (go to 3:30) of this video the answer the Nokia executive gives to the reporter is just priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7swGAs6Ad8

+ about 65% of the current smartphone market uses symbian OS, nokia has always and will continue using symbian in their upcoming tube so this should go well also with the whole business crowd so it may actually even be good competition for blackberry

#42     Jun 9, 2008

3. Thats the most ridiculous thing ive heard. Most people just need talk? So internet, ipod, GPS etc is just a luxury? fair enough. 10 years ago cell phones themselves we're just a luxury...wonder why cell phones didnt fizzle out? You can make the argument that internet is just a toy, then you make the argument that email is just a toy, keep following that thought process and we end up bringing down elephants with spears. This is about progression. Once we have something and get used to it, it becomes necessity. I'm sure you would feel lost without a cell phone of any kind...just like i would feel lost not being able to watch movies or surf the net anywhere i want.

haha who needs email? you can just call...hell who needs a cell phone, just call from your home phone. who needs to call when you can write a letter and mail it? shit who needs mail when you can send carrier pigeons.

#43     Jun 9, 2008
  4. 11Blade

11Blade

Apple endures massive competition in the mp3 player market and still makes a healthy profit from ipod's, the same will go for the iphone.

Thats just the way they operate, people pay a premium for their products (not me personally), but AAPL will be happy to sell 10-15 million iphones since they get a chunk of money from the carrier and still profit on the hardware. 10-15 million phones is a small fraction of the number of smart phones sold in the world.

I however do not think we will see a jump in AAPL from the developer conference.

#44     Jun 9, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

AAPL holding down the NDX big time.

This would have been a nice rally if AAPL was participating, but it seems investors might be worried about the keynote at 1pm.

#45     Jun 9, 2008
  6. Oz435

Oz435

Oops, sorry. I meant the Tube looks sweet. :p

#46     Jun 9, 2008
  7. Guys I am bullish AAPL but this is all priced in for the most part. Either buy AAPL for long term of just sell it now.

#47     Jun 9, 2008
  8. Im getting live updates of the WWDC. So far theyre just showing developers and their new apps for the iphone. Loopt seems kinda crazy, shows you a map representing here your friends currently are (scary). Ebay and sega have cool apps as well. Ill post if they announce anything major...ie new iphone.

#48     Jun 9, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Loopt is so pathetic its not even funny, the service was started by some 20 something year old who wanted to locate his friends on his cellphone, I think its a really pathetic program that will probably never take off, do you really want people to pin point your exact move of where you are. The only way it actually works is if you allow your cellphone to show you where you are, who the hell wants that option. Really pathetic...

#49     Jun 9, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

AAPL bringing down the markets today,

NEW INTRADAY LOWS.

:p

#50     Jun 9, 2008