Apple on Monday

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jonbig04, Jun 6, 2008.

1. You obviously dont have one. I've owned 2 blackberries and i've had the iphone for nearly a year. Miles ahead is exactly how i would choose to describe the advantages i believe the iphone has over any other phone that i have owned, handled, or even know of. If you don't own one its pretty impossible to make an unbiased, or even factual assessment.

#31     Jun 8, 2008
  2. i agree with the comments on other companies like nokia and samsung finally catching up with comparable in some cases more feature rich products (like the nokia tube 5800) more products will really lower apples margins and those companies that are already well established in the handset market such as samsung and nokia should come out on top.

And for the person who didn't know the diff between wifi and 3g, 3g is the future 3g is like highspeed internet everywhere wifi is like your home network, which do you prefer the answer is obvious.

I wouldn't be surprised to see apples stock pull back abit from these levels, most of this should already be priced into the stock.

I will acquire a long NOK position sometime this week based on news/oil/if the market keeps tanking i will obviously wait for a better price.

#32     Jun 8, 2008
  3. predict nothing will happen

all this priced in to some degree

#33     Jun 8, 2008
  4. could be. i say a run up of about $10 in the next week or so, its at 185 now.

#34     Jun 8, 2008
  5. Oz435

Oz435

Just wondering, do any other smartphones have the touchscreen capabilities of the iPhone?

#35     Jun 8, 2008
  6. kashirin

kashirin

You analyze like a fan not like a trader.
    I would say 90% don't care if it miles ahead or light years. Most people just need one function - talk. bussiness users need email to some degree. That's all. Everything else is just a toy

All those functions you mention are mostly hype and teens stuff. I don't really think there is a bright future for teen toys like iphone during economic recession.

#36     Jun 8, 2008
  7. Samsung instinct as well as nokia tube 5800 both will have it they both have better specs as well dunno about price yet we should know soon from both compnaies.

wait nvm sorry samsung instinct looks like it is already being released june 20th look it up on youtube pretty sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwND7j2ZLEA

#37     Jun 8, 2008
  8. Stock has top out, I just got my confirmation today. My little brother, who knows jack sh1t about stock, and come to me saying he wants to open a broker account to buy Apple before 3G iPhone released.

#38     Jun 9, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Rumor has it that price should be under $300.

Im looking for a new phone and new provider at the moment, tomorrow after the keynote I will make my decision on the Iphone or Instinct, right now leaning towards the Instinct.

#39     Jun 9, 2008
  10. Oz435

Oz435

Thanks for the youtube link. Wasn't impressed with the Samsung though. As for the Instinct...looks real sweet.:cool:

#40     Jun 9, 2008