Apple on Monday

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jonbig04, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Sorry. I was trying to being sarcasm, but guess that doesn't work. Apple has a history of using an existing feature and market it really worth and make it their "innovation".

The Motorola A1200 has this feature, and it is released in September 2006. It just not available in US and hardly any one notice about it. Included those claim tech savage.

However, when Apple decided to implement this feature, they will market it really well and every know about it.

#21     Jun 8, 2008
  2. Iphone IS a toy compared to a full fledged smartphone. The only advantage it has currently is the browser which has a better gui than the rest.

It lacks real keyboard, no 3G(almost a joke), no expandable memory, no gps, no flash support, cant swap battery, no real third party development, no mobile office, cant use it as a usb stick to transfer files between pc/mobile, no popular instant chat(aim/msn etc..), and the biggest problem NO JAVA J2ME SUPPORT (wtf?).

After iphpne's 3G version, it will be a good phone for those who just wants to use it for browsing. But it's not a smartphone at all like the at&t tilt running windows mobile os. To argue as such is foolish.

Regarding the stock, look at the run up on the chart, almost a 100% uptick in just few months. With such high expectations, usually it's sell the news. But i wouldnt play this in either direction. If after the news is out without surprises, then may do a few short term shorts to the 50MA if the stock breaks below the 20MA support.

#22     Jun 8, 2008

3. Im willing to bet I can type faster on the iphone than you can on a BB. My friend and I already did this test, and I won. You are right about the 3G, its the phones biggest downfall. However I've never been on a 3G phone so i really dont know what im missing...and im usually connected to wifi so 3G wouldnt really matter...either way 3G is probably going to be announced or released tomorrow. Im not sure what you mean about mobile office, I can view word,excel, PDF's, and i can write PDF's so if thats what you mean you are incorrect,but i may be misunderstanding you. As far as third party development goes I think you know that when apple does start letting third party apps in they are going to be pretty insane. As it stands now I have games like helicopter and 'tap tap revolution" (dont ask), screenshot, karoke, and other games, but when Apple opens it the real apps will come. As far as chat is concerned I have AIM and MSN on my iphone so...BTW IMHO osx>windows mobile os. Like I said there are some things that I can't do, but if i felt like running down the list I believe we'd find that there are for more things that I can do that you cant.

#23     Jun 8, 2008
  4. S2007S

S2007S

TAKE A LOOK AT THE SAMSUNG INSTINCT DUE OUT JUNE 20TH.

:D

#24     Jun 8, 2008
  5. Stock has topped out IMO.
    I really never understood the hype behind this company because I don't need any of their gizmos. For example someone who has 2 iPOd offered me a Sony MP3 player and I said this player was awesome, much cheaper and did the same thing. So why didn't you get a Sony ? I asked .Because it's not an iPod I was told .:confused:

You had a huge run, iphone expectations are probbaly priced in, you are all looking in the rear view mirror

#25     Jun 8, 2008

6. Ford Taurus. Much cheaper than a Porsche. I mean...whats the diff??

haha no really though you may end up being right about the stock. Like I said i took the same position last summer. The stock had already run up so I assumed it was baked in, but i was very wrong. I know Apple will continue to go up from here, just bc of superior products, superior brand management and the fact that they always seem to be a step ahead..(they filed for a solar powered iphone patent wtf??) but the stock may or may not rally this next week.

#26     Jun 8, 2008
  7. kashirin

kashirin

and???
    do you think more people use Porche than Ford?

#27     Jun 8, 2008

8. ehh no? But certainly more people use Apple mp3 players than sony mp3 players.

#28     Jun 8, 2008

9. my guess is 200 easy. esp. if any of this turns out to be true....like i said MILES ahead of any other phone.

http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/

#29     Jun 8, 2008
  10. why do you keep saying that? it's NOT miles ahead of other phones. it only looks more sleek and cool. By your earlier response it's clear you have no idea what a current generation smartphone is or capable of.

As to the stock, who knows like i said i will not trade the news, but will follow the technical after the news if it goes in my favor for a short. I never long a stock after such a huge move up.

#30     Jun 8, 2008