Apple on Monday

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jonbig04, Jun 6, 2008.

1. lol according to yahoo message boards "AAPL will be $240 by tuesday" .... $60 in two days not bad huh...

#11     Jun 8, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

:p :p :p :p :p

#12     Jun 8, 2008
  3. 11Blade

11Blade

Although the thread was about the stock and turned into a apple vs rim vs the rest of the world discussion... too many people are expecting a bump in the stock, thus

AAPL will be flat to down until after June expiration.

I however do hope thet release a device that is a tablet sized iphone for ebook reading and websurfing, with all the same capabilities.

#13     Jun 8, 2008
  4. hey i might as well post this here. As a apple counter play (since i personally dislike apple) what do you guys think of nokia, every cell phone i have ever had has been a nokia, when i travel to europe i see lots of nokia's everywhere, they are solidly built, have long battery lifes, and nokia looks like its releasing the nokia "tube" 5800 as competition for the iphone and spec wise it is gonna be better. The stock i think is at a new low, so i'm thinking of buying a couple hundred as a long term thing but i wanan wait see what happens with this market on monday or this whole week... to me it looks like we are going to the march lows but i don't see it going any lower, if any of this news really hit home with the majority of investors imo we'd be alot lower by now...

looks like a good entry point with support would be the 23-24$ area stock is still at 26 so i'll just wait

#14     Jun 8, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Too much hype around the new iphone coming into play. The iphone craze over the last 6-8 months has faded, I only know 1 person who had the iphone. Also look at how many people paid over $500 bucks for an Iphone, was not worth the price at all. Im waiting to see how the new Samsung Instinct on sprint is compared to the new iphone coming out this month. 1pm is the keynote, AAPL is going to be extremely volatile tomorrow, I think it trades within a $7-$10 dollar range tomorrow.

#15     Jun 8, 2008
  6. Long NOK.

Looking at PALM.

Between Nokia, Research In Motion, Palm, Ericcson, whoever - Apple has no idea how many competitors to the iPhone will be out there, at significantly lower prices that will crush their margins.

#16     Jun 8, 2008
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

IBD last week recommended AAPL once it hits $192.34 (I understand it's a signaled break out of a solid base, but where they get these precise figures is beyond me). In a downtrending summer market, though, I would say all bets are off.

#17     Jun 8, 2008
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

Long NOK and RIMM back month calls. Hope back enough :)

#18     Jun 8, 2008
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

I think your plan is solid, NOK long term. Was long NOK but got stopped out during their fall a few weeks ago, then ended up with $400+ dividend. Nice surprise.

#19     Jun 8, 2008
  10. wow. this thread reminds me so much of june of last year. When all of you were saying how the "hype" could never be justified. iphone was gonna be a flop etc etc. They've sold how many phones now?

One person mentioned that my iphone was a toy compared to his blackberry, i would like to know what you can do that i cant. you might be able to name a few things, but thats about it. I on the other hand would have a long list of things you cannon do.

Last year there was so much hype regarding the iphone i determined that that stock wouldnt go up very much in the months following its release. i was dead wrong about that, apple went up to what? 205 from 130? Im not saying it will this time, but it may.

Once again I say, no one who HAS an iphone will ever say its not worth the money. none of you have one, so it makes sense that you would have no idea what you're talking about.

#20     Jun 8, 2008