APPLE may be cut again to half??

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stocktrader2007, Jan 21, 2009.

1. will post it back on the board when apple cools down and trades in 60s.

#21     Jan 22, 2009
  2. #22     Jan 22, 2009
  3. If you can't even be bothered to learn the absolute basics of the subject, you are wasting people's time with your posts.

Cheers.

#23     Jan 22, 2009
  4. Perhaps. Maybe my cynical side has gotten the best of me, and I no longer trust a company's balance sheet or a rating from an analyst (actually, I don't think I ever trusted an opinion from an analyst).

After all, that's why the financial stocks are not at zero, why GM is not at zero and why we have had 2 bubbles in 10 years—the fundamentals, right?

#24     Jan 22, 2009
  5. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

i picked up some in Dec. around 86 as a long-term position trade. i may scale some in the 110-120 area if it gets there and then i'd be willing to hold the balance for a year or two.

did the same thing with goog, buying at 265 in Dec. (i posted the entry somewhere on ET) , and sold 1/3 at 320 in Dec. I may sell another third if it pops up to 350, or not i'll hold back to breakeven. i'm willing to hold for a year or longer, as long as it stays above my entry.

i also have a little RIMM and some PHO, otherwise, i'm flat at the end of every day.

frankly, i'm worried about the broader market. it seems like investor confidence continues to wane, more bad news keeps coming out, the govt. keeps changing the rules, and without any particular sector leadership emerging, the market could very easily find that the path of least resistiance is down. i make most of my income from daytrading ES (mostly shorting) so i can ride it out for a while, but i sure do hate losing the opportunity cost.

i must be nuts.

#25     Jan 22, 2009
  6. That's exactly what I got
    I am buying at 44 to 40

#26     Jan 22, 2009
  7. #27     Jan 23, 2009