Apple MacBook Pro M1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Christheendlesslearner, Dec 26, 2020.

1. I am considering buying the new MacBook Pro with the M1 chip for college and trading. I have done some research and the little bit of info I have found says that is great but might have trouble running some programs. I think it would be great for college classes but am not sure if it will work with any basic scanners. If you think it would work for trading please let me know. Thanks

2. Monaco

Monaco

If you are going to run any windows programs on it then if I remember bootcamp and/or parallels will not work with M1 chip so you will only be able to run mac software. And alot of brokerages don’t have trading platforms for MAC.

3. So, all those fancy benchmarks where they claim to blow Intel and AMD out of the water are just hot air. Those benchmarks have never been run on a windows OS?

4. I wish a day comes that you can run Trading plateforms on ipad. Surfacebook 3 is so expensive and convertiable Laptops are heavy to carry and use it while roaming around.

Mac systems you are limiting yourself for trading. Still There is no economic perfect device in the market for Active Mobile traders.

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

There is a scanner in www.TradingView.com which is an html5 program that works in any browser. Then use a browser based broker such as www.interactivebrokers.com that has TradingView built in.

6. jharmon

jharmon

Lol - VPS

7. Surface Pro. I love it. Can work as tablet or laptop. Perfect drawing capabilities for presentations and collaboration. Runs all windows apps. Powerful enough for TWS or most other trading applications. And pretty decent battery life.

8. spudpei

spudpei

M1 macbook is a terrible choice for trading.

DiceAreCast likes this.
  9. Ninja

Ninja

At this point it is probably the better choice to go with an Intel based MacBook. There are lots of incompatibilities and even Big Sur has some problems. So while M1 (ARM) could be the future, there is no need to hurry and be an early adopter. For most people it’s probably better to wait another year and and look how things will turn out.