Apple Lawyer responsible for compliance charged with insider trading

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Feb 14, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Apple Lawyer

Former Apple lawyer Gene Levoff, who was responsible for Apple's compliance with insider trading policies, has been charged with insider trading. The SEC unveiled the charges yesterday, saying Levoff—fired by Apple last year after the authorities came knocking—used confidential information to trade Apple securities for personal gain. BBC

2. dealmaker

dealmaker

Insider Trading at Apple: Objectivity Under Cloud(Nyoooz.com)
    According to the suit filed, he continued with insider trading from 2011 to 2016, a long period of five years. Last week Apple’s former lawyer, Gene Levoff, was accused of insider trading by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Ironically, Levoff was the company’s lawyer responsible for overseeing insider trading policies. Prosecutors have been after violators of corporate governance norms using digital trails, phone tapping, and circumstantial evidence in general. The brazen show of utmost disregard to the corporate governance norms in a cash-rich company like Apple has undoubtedly raised the issue of top leadership and the efficacy of checks and balances.

3. destriero

destriero

lol the compliance officer charged with insider trading.

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Wow...insider trading Apple stock when his position was to monitor/prevent insider trading by other Apple employees. :D

Reminds me of the time I baked chocolate chip (cocao) cookies for my kids. Cookies were still hot when I pulled them out of the oven and I told the kids to guard them to prevent the dog from eating them while I went to the bathroom.

I came back from the bathroom...the dog, kids were sitting on the floor eating away. 15 delicious chocolate chip (cocao) cookies vanished in minutes...nothing for papa.

wrbtrader