Apple is rewarding their loyal customers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by loza, Sep 6, 2007.

1. First one on the block to have an iPhone... priceless. :D

#11     Sep 7, 2007
  2. I guess I see this as a bigger potential problem for AAPL. First, it is a clear admission that the original price point was, as many suspected, too high. Second, it is a real sucker punch to their best customers. Expect their next new product launch to get a very cool reception.

None of this is news to the AAPL brass. The take away therefore must be that iPhone sales are really struggling. But who will buy now? Wait a couple more months and maybe catch another price break. I give AAPL credit for acting decisively but it's hard to put a good spin on this.

#12     Sep 7, 2007
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I would suspect that IPhone sales have been a disapointment, otherwise I can not imagine such a huge price cut so soon. AAPL stock has most likely topped out at this point, at least in the short/intermediate term.

#13     Sep 7, 2007
  4. Apple has refurbished iPhone for sales few weeks ago. This said how many of the sales is final.

Iphone buyers are stupid anyway. I mean, if the iPhone is innovated with top of the line technologies, yes, it may worth the price. But we all know it's not the case. I can see the intention why they are doing this. So when iPhone G2 come up, there is a reason for upgrade. This has been the marketing for iPod and it works. Just add 1 features to it, and marketing as a new product. Don't have to be the first one doing it, just need marketing it well

#14     Sep 7, 2007
  5. Have you all been under a rock and not heard about the rebate that ALL early-adopter iPhone owners can get?
    $200 at the Apple store.

#15     Sep 7, 2007
  6. I thought it was $100 in store credits. $200 cash money and no ones's complaining.

#16     Sep 7, 2007
  7. loza

loza Guest

My friend uses a blackberry that his company pays for and it is great! and free (for him)

#17     Sep 19, 2007
  8. zdreg

zdreg

no connection between the two events. stock price is based upon the anticipated introduction of new products.

the refund policy was as follows: $200 cash for those who bought 2 weeks prior to the refund announcement. all others it was $100 in store credit.

#18     Sep 19, 2007