Apple Is Now Bigger Than The Entire US Retail Sector

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Free Thinker, Mar 16, 2012.

1. pupu

pupu

That's it? I thought Apple is worth more than everything in the US and China combined and multiplied by 10
    :eek:

#11     Mar 16, 2012
  2. How did they accumulate so much cash on hand?

#12     Mar 16, 2012
  3. You can always buy Microsoft Corporation(MSFT). It's cheap.

If Research In Motion(RIMM) can get Windows 8 for its PlayBook, RIMM is also a worthy buy. It went up almost 7% Friday, the day of iPad 3's release.

#13     Mar 17, 2012
  4. who is buying that crap?every one i know have samsung smartphone/tablet myself included

#14     Mar 17, 2012
  5. I'm so far from being an apple fan boy but I have a new android xoom and first generation ipad. no matter how I want to tell myself the xoom is better ipad bitch slaps it as I find myself using the old ipad more. its far superior in so many ways. I'm tempted to start adding the underlying, call me nuts but they still have growth ahead of them. we all know it...I mean those of us with half a brain.

#15     Mar 17, 2012
  6. Superior in what way? Besides both allowing for a user to accomplish the same simplified browsing of the internet, what other reasons are there to a tablet?

#16     Mar 17, 2012
  7. I don't get the skepticism around Apple's stuff displayed on here. As I posted on a thread about the Android vs iPhone, what Apple has going for it is its stuff just plain works, period the end. You don't have to spend a lot of time thinking about it; the iPhone doesn't want to be recharged twice a day because it's a power hog; configuring a Mac takes a minute, maybe; connect your iPhone to your Mac and music and photos sync up automatically.
    In the last year I made the switch out of Android and the PC to all Apple. I spend no time at all on config issues now for either my phone or my computer. The stuff just works.

#17     Mar 17, 2012
  8. You guys are funny. You sit here trying to create reasons and justify a stocks price. I really dont think any of that matters. The P/E could be 8, it could be 16, it could be 32, etc. Stocks trade at all different P/Es and valuations...none of that matters. What matters is that its a popular stock to trade hitting the news just about every day. Apple this and Apple that. What also matters is there is a lot of liquidity and the M2 Money Supply is up up up with Bernankes secret QE3.

You guys can compare Apples to Androids all day long, but that is just mental masturbation. Its not relevant and it doesnt matter. There are real reasons why the stock moves as it does but we will only be able to figure it out in hindsight. Save your comparisons for some other forum and lets talk about the trading of the stock.

#18     Mar 17, 2012
  9. With all due respect, AAPL's market isn't tech-savvy young men who post on internet boards. The iDevices are breakout hits because your parents and grandparents might be tempted to have one, and they could care less that Android runs Flash or has a more geek-friendly app store.

#19     Mar 17, 2012
  10. Money is money, whether it's from the 'tech-savvy' or those masquerading as savvy. But how long can Apple Inc. sustain on royalty fees it collects from Steve Jobs' work?

#20     Mar 18, 2012