Apple IPhone - Would you buy it?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by thehangingman, Jan 10, 2007.

Would you buy the Apple Iphone?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. I hope Cisco humbles the #$%@ out of Apple and Steve Jobs.

#11     Jan 12, 2007
  2. Tums

Tums

I think this is just a publicity stunt by both companies.

At the end, Cisco will get lots of media coverage of their relatively unknown iPhone product, and Apple will choose another catchy name.

#12     Jan 12, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

think they added more than 2 billion in market cap.

#13     Jan 12, 2007
  4. I think they should call it the iCell. Then, Apple derives the subliminal benefit of "I Sell".

#14     Jan 12, 2007
  5. AK100

AK100

I still like the ultra cheap Nokia, can buy them on Amazon for around £25 (including £10 phone credit).

Sturdy, small, light and are great for making.............

surprise surprise........

telephone calls!

Yes, unsurprisingly that's what many still want their phone to do, not tell them where the nearest McDonalds is, or the weather, or watch last night's goals, hear the news headlines, play any 1 of 1001 music albums etc etc.

Too much of this new technology is far too 'unusable' for the majority anyway and that's always going to be its achilles heel.

You're also going to be paying stupid money for the Apple name but if you look for comparable products you'll always find better and cheaper. For example the small Samsung MP3 players are far superior to anything that Apple offers and also deal in straight MP3 files and not the awful iTunes.

In my opinion Apple got very lucky with the iPod because for some reason none of the other big electronics companies got their first. But they're not going to have it so easy with any phone application.

In fact, apart from it's PCs we may look back at Apple in 5 years time and see it as a one trick pony. Remember pretty much every non-PC product Apple has launced in the past has been a failure, apart from the iPod.

#15     Jan 12, 2007
  6. AK100

AK100

You see, I didn't read this post until after I posted my comment.

I don't know the Samsung Blakjack but don't discount what this company is producing because it has some outstanding products at good prices.

Of course though many of your shallow 'friends' won't think of you as that cool (owning Samsung instead of Apple) but if you've got confidence you'll know who the smart one is :D :D :D

#16     Jan 12, 2007
  7. Samsung products are great!

The iPhone will bomb.

#17     Jan 13, 2007
  8. People that say moronic sh*t like this will go out and buy I-phone for $600 and more. And there are millions upon millions of them.

From what I hear, S. Korea is the leader in the tech gadget universe. It's funny, cause only 10 years ago, the Asian connection would follow USA's lead in terms of adotion and now they are generations ahead.
    Got someone I know out there, he says pretty much the same thing you do.

#18     Jan 13, 2007
  9. Wow. This is why AAPL is gaining market share. Never before has so much smoke been blown up so many rear ends so quickly

#19     Jan 13, 2007
  10. I like how people are so quick to jump to conclusions that the whole thing is complete b.s without a) having tried the product b) knowing anything about technology and the significance of various innovations in this product.

the only downside iv seen is that jobs is not allowing third party development. so my dream of using my iphone as portable means of viewing / controlling my desktop p.c via wifi from around my house wont happen until someone hacks it. plus it would be really nice to be able to do voice over IP with it too using mobile internet.

the whole cingular / non gsm is a little b.s too. but they will have to change that to gain access to a lot of the world's markets. so i am expecting a v.2 soon after the initial sales.

also interesting to note that jobs was targeting a 1% market share by 2008. and the poll shows nearly 50% of the people reading this thread are interested in buying one. not that ET is a random sample of the mobile phone market... but I think jobs is going to do a little better than he expected...

#20     Jan 13, 2007