APPLE IPHONE cost $599

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by capmac, Jan 9, 2007.

1. I don’t get it. The people who normally spend the money on this type of product are not the types that get Cingular service. Most people on the East Coast look at Cingular as low end service.

#11     Jan 9, 2007

2. That's beacuse Cingular will take the brunt for rolling this product out. Think hyped at $599.99 but available for $99.99 on a new 3 year contract. Why stop a marketing gimmick that works so well. I still haven't figured out why Ebay hasn't leveraged its skype asset by rolling out a skype cellphone. Free unlimted worldwide calling for only 19.99 a month! But then again Ebay has never been accused of being a innovative company. Ah, the advantanges of being a first mover in the internet economy.

#12     Jan 9, 2007
  3. Tums

Tums

low end? that spells V-O-L-U-M-E.

#13     Jan 9, 2007
  4. Maybe your right but I don’t see people who go for cheap rates then spending $600 for the phone. I also don’t see people were cost are not an problem wanting a company with poor cell connection. For Cingular it’s a win win though.

#14     Jan 9, 2007
  5. blast19

blast19

Isn't it an oxymoron to speak of "low-end" and "volume" paired with "high cost" which this phone cum musical gadget is?

#15     Jan 9, 2007
  6. why not just buy a blackberry or the cingular blackjack ?

#16     Jan 9, 2007
  7. I can't wait for that thing. I was thinking of gettn a perl but I guess not. I"ll have to toss my nano by then.

#17     Jan 9, 2007
  8. Here are my thoughts...

1) I have used all of the various services. Verizon is the best, you can get a signal everywhere. I have to agree, Cingular is real bad.

2) A $600 phone. It does seem like a nice phone, but thats simply way more then most people would be willing to pay. Most phones wear out within a year or two with moderate use.

So the person who stated that Cingular and the high end crowd dont go together is right. Cingular does not work in NYC. If you are of any importance at all, you simply dont use it. You use Verizon.

#18     Jan 9, 2007
  9. 1. Cingular is everywhere in California. I have Cingular and don't have much problems.

2. 500-600 bux, I'm sure they'll make rebates and get the phone down to 200-300 min, 400 max. Some how rebates come out. I'm sure next month Perl will be cheaper then the current price.

3. An exclusive?? man, all I know is that guy is going to pull it off and probably get some coin / revenue sharing from Cingular.

#19     Jan 9, 2007
  10. whats going to happen in countries that dont have cingular?

#20     Jan 9, 2007