Apple getting bit

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by mnikolic, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Jeez, what a beast, stock isn't dropping

#21     Mar 5, 2010
  2. mnikolic

mnikolic

Yeah that was an impressive display of AAPL thrust. Out of the shorts for now.

-Marko

#22     Mar 5, 2010
  3. muller

muller

Price might be pulling back to 210 in the coming weeks - might. Gaps are prone to get tested.
    But since today is such a strong breakaway-gap, I rather think todays Low of 214.93 will get tested - not further.

This year; 230, what do you say?

#23     Mar 5, 2010
  4. I dont know, but I'm almost mad at the way the stock is moving, I would say there is a big short squeeze going on right now. I'd say there will be a pullback next week for consolidation. At least I hope so!!

#24     Mar 5, 2010
  5. muller

muller

Hope is bad. Hope is always bad.

Of course a strong move like today is a combination of new buyers and shorts covering their losses.
    I should be careful with my 230 call. I believe in coming days both longterm bulls and bears will be tested.
    If you draw them channel lines it still looks like a bear testing the lower band. And volume was low too.

[​IMG]

But on the bull side - on the hourly, daily, and weekly charts - higher Highs and higher Lows. For the past 7 Days I saw no reason to be short.
    Seeing the weekly picture though I think the gap will be tested (since it's not much of a move).

Anyway, thanks for the show. It was nice and easy. Next days will be stressful and boring as usual.

#25     Mar 5, 2010
  6. I am shorting apple starting here and on every weekly rise. Covering at 170, 160, 150, 140.

#26     Mar 6, 2010
  7. Thats bold. Don't know if I'll be following you on that one. I'm looking for an entry on the 200 puts and keeping an eye on the 220 calls

#27     Mar 6, 2010
  8. Scale in a small position over time and it is definitely manageable. Apple is a great company, and my kids have a lot of different i-pods, but that does not mean they are worth 200 billion dollars market cap.
    And yes I know stocks can go higher than what anybody thinks they are worth. But sometimes you just have to buckle in and maybe get a little bloody to start.

[​IMG]

Pretty pathetic volume on this up move. Not very convincing.

[​IMG]

#28     Mar 6, 2010
  9. The market cap argument is, IMO, a good reason to expect bullish moves smaller than what AAPL has shown over the past decade. Not so sure it's a solid argument for outright shorting - there is just enough room for this stock to double given the market's historical ability to over-optimisticate.

But the best days for stock price growth are clearly in the rear view mirror.

#29     Mar 6, 2010
  10. I didn't think that move was warranted on the iPad release date news but yesterday news came out on the China Unicom selling the iphone with wifi. Thats a much bigger and more important deal=much higher sales for apple iphone.

Someone always knows beforehand.

#30     Mar 8, 2010