Apple earnings tomorrow after the close!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Jan 18, 2011.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Apple earnings tomorrow after the bell, the estimates are for $5.38 EPS and Revenue of $24.38B

Morgan Stanley forecasts $23.9B in revenue and $5.25 EPS on estimated sales of 16 million iPhones, 5.5 millions iPads, 17 million iPods and 4 million Macs.

WHAT'S EXPECTED: Apple said it expects to earn $4.80 per share on $23 billion in revenue; however, the company is known for issuing low guidance and then sailing over.

Analysts surveyed by FactSet expect Apple to report first-quarter net income of $5.41 per share on $24.34 billion in revenue.

Last Quarter apple had an EPS $4.64 and Revenue of $20.3 Billion!

2. S2007S

S2007S

Apple

$6.43 EPS

$26.75 Billion

4.13 Macs

7.33 Ipads

16.25 Iphones

Apple loves to set the bar low and jump it without a problem. Get ready for another lowered earnings guidance which we all know will be no problem for apple to beat!

3. S2007S

S2007S

Apple sold 4.13 million Macs during the quarter, a 23 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The Company sold 16.24 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 86 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 19.45 million iPods during the quarter, representing a seven percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter. The company also sold 7.33 million iPads during the quarter.

4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Huge earnings beat and I don't believe I've ever seen AAPL raise guidance on an earnings call. I may have to trade this :D

5. I wouldn't think about shorting until around 361.50ish..

6. S2007S

S2007S

Down $5.00 from its highs of nearly $356!!!!

7. Bowgett

Bowgett

One should think about how to get long AAPL not short.

8. Thats another way of looking at it. :)

9. Saoleo

Saoleo

Buy ipad it is the best long :)

10. Well blow me down - a great company at a cheap price is selling multiple category-killer products like hotcakes, and it beats earnings by a country mile. I'm shocked, shocked to see profits soaring in this business.

AAPL is now an even bigger bargain that it was before. At this rate EPS for 2011 will be 25-30, back out the cash pile and you are looking at around 10-12 times forward earnings, for the best blue chip stock on the planet. A fair valuation for something growing at this rate is probably 30 times forward earnings, arguably more in a bull market.

Basically, AAPL is a buy all the way up to $700 per share at least, and fair value could easily be $1000 per share. It is at least 50% undervalued. Anyone shorting on anything other than an ultra-short term technical basis simply does not have a clue how to trade or invest in stocks.

#10     Jan 18, 2011