Apple Bull Calls too easy?

Discussion in 'Options' started by StockHustler, Oct 9, 2007.

1. spindr0

spindr0

StockHustler,

The best time to buy options is when they're cheap or when they're more expensive after you buy them.

Options are derivatives. For the most part, if you can figure out what the stock is going to do, the options will follow.

And as another poster replied, take some classes. Read as much as you can. Asking questions here is fine but the learning curve requires much more effort.

#31     Oct 12, 2007
  2. On a day like today you would have got it up the ass if you had AAPL calls.

#32     Oct 12, 2007
  3. Yes I am constantly reading as much as I can. But I can't find answers to some questions so I post here. I am trying to learn without plunking down thousands for classes. I didn't do that with stocks and I don't plan on doing it with options. I have done very well in stocks and like the opportunities options present. I am very good at teaching myself, however, there are some things you learn with experience and time. The help here is great and any suggestions are appreciated.

#33     Oct 12, 2007
  4. You were asking about the "Greeks" and today you would have got it up the ass. Get it?

#34     Oct 12, 2007

5. !!! Your post marked the top in AAPL! To answer your question, YES it is too easy.

I guess it's true, when the little guy finally buys into the raging bull market it marks the top.

Feel free to post your other trading plans on here...could be a good fade (just kidding) :p :p

#35     Oct 12, 2007
  6. Forex - I was asking how to use the Greeks to your advantage. Not what they are. So take a little more time and understand what you are reading.

TorontoTrader2 - I didn't buy anything. And what are you talking about "Yes it is too easy"? I never said anything was easy but was the possibilty of a great return on investment easier with DOTM.

I know nothing is easy in life. That is why I am trying to learn and better myself.

Looking at the stock it was bound to retrace and most likely fill the gap, which it did today. So hopefully the options reflect the significant price drop tomorrow.

I appreciate the people who actually post useful knowledge and experience as opposed to the people who give nothing.

#36     Oct 12, 2007
  7. Hi stockhustler
    Best to ignore the previous 2 posters, forex had some trades go bad on him and is still in the recovery phase and probably a little bitter, and TT2 tends to assault posters for no particular reason (check out his previous posts on the option forum if you've got some spare time to waste). In essence he contributes nothing of substance to the options discussion board.
    db

#37     Oct 12, 2007
  8. Just a harmless little play on words and with the timing of your post and the sell-off yesterday sort of funny. I guess the humor went over your head.

GREEK = delta, gamma, vega, and theta.

GREEK = anal sex.

#38     Oct 12, 2007
  9. I'm not bitter, but Starbucks coffee can be bitter at times.

#39     Oct 12, 2007