Apple: A Major Short 11-28-2008

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 28, 2008.

1. down a whole 50 cents today

#61     Dec 5, 2008
  2. Unfortunately AAPL's stock isn't "steadily declining", it's well above its lows and is higher today than it was two months ago. I would think anyone actually trading the thing would be aware of such a basic fact.

Would love to pick this thing up in the $60s, but the company has one of the finest balance sheets in the world and it's not looking like I'm going to get the chance. C'est la vie....

#62     Dec 5, 2008
  3. Random,

Please read my recent posts in this thread. THESE GUYS DON'T TRADE AAPL!

They are nothing but wannabees, with plenty of time to type. If a TRADER feels strongly about the future direction of a stock he/she will act upon it. These guys want to opine and critique and philosophize, but they are NOT TRADERS!!! I feel sure these guys pick up a business newspaper and immediately flip to the editorials first...

#63     Dec 5, 2008
  4. Ha ha! This, boys and girls, is a phenomenon called being married to a stock.

I'm flat by the way. Made a whopping 25 cents on my short!:p

#64     Dec 5, 2008
  5. Well, at least you:

a) took a position in support of your conviction, and

b) exited at a profit when you realized that circumstances were not supporting your decision.

Both of which is much more than we can see for Mr. BLSHi(t) :D

#65     Dec 5, 2008
  6. Take it easy on on the guy. He's a value investor and looks down on us momentum guys.

#66     Dec 5, 2008
  7. The stock has dropped $80 since September. For the past two months it has been in a sideways consolidation pattern with a $30 range. It's gonna break out in one direction or the other very soon and I'll be either long or short depending on what the stock does. My personal conviction about the long term prospects of the company are irrelevant. I am a momentum trader. I buy strength and sell weakness. That is my mantra.

#67     Dec 5, 2008
  8. No, he's not even a value investor. How would shorting near the year's low be considered a value investment?

All he is is an analyst who wants others to trade what he advocates, but actually doesn't take the trades himself. Then he brags if he's right, and disappears when he's wrong.

#68     Dec 5, 2008
  9. Actually he's LONG the stock from $111. He believes in the long term growth of the company which is why he won't cut his losses. He's a classic value investor.

#69     Dec 5, 2008
  10. Uh, no he's not. I think we're talking about 2 different people. I'm referring to the OP (take a look at the thread title!).

The fellow who's long is Bullalert.

I have no criticism of anyone who actually takes a position and sticks to it based on their trading rules (no matter whether it makes or loses money).

#70     Dec 5, 2008