Apple: A Major Short 11-28-2008

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Where were MSFT, CSCO, ORCL and DELL when the SP500 retested 1550 in 2007 after 2000?

Old leaders are rarely new leaders.

#31     Dec 3, 2008
  2. Have a little patience.

We will retest the lows we put in this year, and Apple is not the rare fruit it once was, now competing in a very crowded space that at one time wasn't,IMO.

I may be right, I may be wrong, but I certainly try not to engage in hubris.

Times are so incredibly bizarre, one doesn't know whether to expect hyper-deflation or hyper-inflation.

#32     Dec 4, 2008
  3. Steve Jobs' health is in serious question. Without his leadership, AAPL will no longer be a powerhouse. A long term short is not a bad position. Just don't initiate until the technicals line up. I wouldn't be surprised if AAPL hits the 50s within a year.

#33     Dec 4, 2008
  4. DISCLOSE IF YOU HAVE A POSITION IN AAPL

For me, I am long AAPL at 111 and have written an Apr 09 120 call against it.

There.

So, are you doom and gloomers short AAPL? If so, at what price?

DISCLOSE OR STFU

#34     Dec 4, 2008
  5. There's no rule that states you have to have an open position to comment on a stock.

If there were, this site wouldn't exist.

So GFY.

#35     Dec 4, 2008
  6. Thank you, and keep paper trading, piker.

#36     Dec 4, 2008
  7. If you hadn't noticed, this thread was bait for stock_trd3r, and he snagged it like a dull big mouth bass, with a $200 aapl call (while leaving the date vague).

If I pressed him on the date, I'm sure he'd say before Santa comes to his chimney.

He may just get some lumps of coal.

#37     Dec 4, 2008
  8. AAPL's at $92. Are you just going to keep averaging down until you blow up? Good luck with that.

#38     Dec 4, 2008
  9. None of your concern, son. I'm the only one with the balls so far to disclose a position and prove that I have a have chosen to vote with my wallet. Which is more than I can say for you.

#39     Dec 4, 2008
  10. Having a set of balls won't help you pay for that margin call...SON

#40     Dec 4, 2008